Google Cal Duplicate Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Cal Duplicate Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brian Marker
    Participant

I have updated to the latest version of the events calendar and aggregator plugins and am still experiencing multiple duplicate entries on my calendar (see here: http://www.birdsboronaz.org/events/)

Could you please assist? I tried to use the remove duplicate events plugin i saw in another thread and it didnt work.

Thanks!

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.  As a first step, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see.

Also, would you mind sharing the URL that you are importing, so that I can test if I see the same results?

Please let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian Marker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for getting all of that information to me!

Is it possible that the calendar is still pulling results from multiple calendars related to your google calendar, as you mentioned in your previous thread?

I tried importing the calendar on my test site and did not see any duplicates on my end.

You may also want to try increasing max_input_vars in php.ini, as detailed in your error log.

And if you haven’t already done so, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian Marker
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I have tried deactivating the theme and plugins and running a vanilla WordPress theme with just the event aggregator plugin active. I run a manual import and i am still seeing multiple events on my calendar. I have tested for conflicts and was unsuccessful in finding a cause.

Is there a plugin or another way to essentially clean the duplicates out of my calendar? It seems like every time it imports it continues to add duplicates and it doesnt recognize the event already exists.

I use this same plugin on two other sites that utilize the same plugins and theme without an issue. They both also pull in google calendars so the only difference is the calendar itself. i havent made any edits to the code of the theme or anything either.

Please advise on next steps.

Hi Brian,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.  In order to bulk delete duplicate events, you can try a third-party plugin like Bulk Delete.

Also, when viewing your events in Day View, I see these errors appear:

Do you have any custom code on your site in relation to Events Calendar in your functions.php file?  I would also recommend updating to the most recent version of Events Calendar and WordPress, to make sure that everything is running optimally.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian Marker
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I was able to use bulk delete to remove all the duplicate events. I started over with a fresh calendar and re-added the google calendar link to the import schedule. I clicked the “preview” button and it looked perfect. I ran a manual import and nothing was loaded onto the calendar. i waited a day to see if the scheduled import would work and nothing was imported again. No idea where to go from here. I have not changed any code in my functions file. Would giving you my login info to the site help you figure it out?

Hi Brian,

I’m really sorry that you are still experiencing this issue.  Thanks for hanging in there with us!  Just to clarify, are you saying that when you ran the import with the link you provided me with earlier, nothing is being imported?

If you go to Events < Help, what do you see under Recent Template Changes, Event Log, and Event Aggregator System Status?

Also if you go to Events Settings < Event Update Authority, what do you have selected?

Can you update The Events Calendar to the most recent version and try to import the calendar with no other plugins activated?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian Marker
    Participant

Hey Jamie,

1. I have “No noteable template changes detected” under “Recent Template Changes?

2. Event Log didnt have any debug settings set yet, so i changed that to “Full Debug (all events).

3. Event Aggregator System Status reads a valid license key, 2 imports used out of 100 available today, connected to the https://ea.theeventscalendar.com server with WP Cron enables for scheduler status.

I deactivated all plugins and went into events. Im noticing that there are 3,211 “ignored” events in here. Im wondering if this is the problem.. the events are all here and not duplicated. Just being wrongly ignored. Any tips to get these live?

Hi Brian,

Okay, great, thanks for that info.  Please let me know if you see an errors appearing in the Event Log once you import.

When you import events, you have the option to mark them as Ignored, although I’m not sure why your events are getting marked as Ignored.  In any case, you can bulk Restore them, which should make them “live”.

Here is our article on Ignored Events, which can walk you through how to do that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ignored-events/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian Marker
    Participant

Hey Jamie,

So i went through and began making the ignored events live. I bulk restored around 1000 of them and when i checked my calendar i realized they still arent showing up on the calendar. I tried to refresh my browser and clear my cache and im still not seeing any events. I have no idea where to go from here. I am more than willing to give you an admin login to my site if it will help solve this issue. The client in this particular case has gone without a calendar for over two months now.

I appreciate your help.

Hi Brian,

I’m sorry that this did not work for you.  I just tested this scenario with ignored events that I had from your import and was able to make them live.  Here are the different ways I tried:

• Restore individual event
    • Click on individual event and click Publish in Edit Event Screen
    • Choose a bunch of events, Bulk Actions > Edit > Publish

Do any of these methods work for you?  If not, try again with a default theme enabled and a minimal plugin setup and let me know if that works.

Also, before doing so, we’ve made a number of updates recently, so please update Events Calendar to the most recent version (4.6.6) and retest as well.

Let me know how all of that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brian Marker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Brian,

Okay, it sounds like you are making some progress, which is great!  I’m not sure why the import is coming in as 2019.  Is the URL the same as the one linked to in an earlier thread?  If not, can you please provide me with a link so that I can do some testing on my end?

And is anything unusual showing up in the Event Log under Events < Help?

Can you also check and/or include your debug log to see if any error messages are appearing?

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Cal Duplicate Events’ is closed to new replies.