Glitches and Questions: Hoping to Resolve ASAP

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Glitches and Questions: Hoping to Resolve ASAP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hey there, hope all’s well. Plugin seems to be awesome – thanks for that! Got several seeming glitches we’re encountering we need to resolve ASAP though, and some questions:

– Calendar seems to be pulling in a lot of duplicates – how do we prevent? (See screenshot below)

– Calendar widget on main page is non-working (see screenshot) – it shows one day of the month fine, but when you try to click on others it does nothing, gives almost a null result and won’t bring up additional days/options.

– Is there a way to autotag imports? In our case, we want to pull events from multiple organizers in multiple cities – how can we create what are in effect multiple calendars, with each submissions from each city separated to the appropriate calendar?

– How can we create an event submission page for third-party event organizers to add to calendar similar to what’s been done here (http://gazellestl.com/events/community/add)?

Would be grateful for any help you could offer ASAP, on a tight timeline here.

Thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Scott,

So glad you like the plugins, always awesome to hear! 🙂 I’m going to respond  to each item below to make sure I don’t miss anything:

– Calendar seems to be pulling in a lot of duplicates – how do we prevent? (See screenshot below)
    How are you pulling in the events? (Exported from other site, EA with Google Calendar, etc?) Details about the settings you’re using are super helpful here too!

– Calendar widget on main page is non-working (see screenshot) – it shows one day of the month fine, but when you try to click on others it does nothing, gives almost a null result and won’t bring up additional days/options.

This seems like it could be a conflict. Could you perform our conflict testing for me and let me know what you find out?

– Is there a way to autotag imports? In our case, we want to pull events from multiple organizers in multiple cities – how can we create what are in effect multiple calendars, with each submissions from each city separated to the appropriate calendar?

This sounds like two separate questions to me. So, while you can create the “effect” of two calendars using categories, and linking to the same event page, but filtered by a taxonomy (for example, here on WP Shindig), you can’t actually have two calendars. Also,  auto-categorizing isn’t a feature at this time unfortunately. 🙁

– How can we create an event submission page for third-party event organizers to add to calendar similar to what’s been done here (http://gazellestl.com/events/community/add)?

You can do this with our Community Events plugin. 🙂

Hopefully this is a good start to answering your questions. Let me know, and we’ll keep working on all of this. 🙂

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Scott
    Participant

Thanks, Shelby, widget seems to be fixed, but having conflicts with WooCommerce – any idea how to resolve?

Re: your other questions:

How are you pulling in the events? (Exported from other site, EA with Google Calendar, etc?) Details about the settings you’re using are super helpful here too!

**** We are pulling in from Facebook feeds. Is it possible if you schedule to import from the same feed twice by accident that it won’t catch the duplicates? How can we fix if so? Wonder if this is what’s happening, but not sure.

– Is there a way to autotag imports? In our case, we want to pull events from multiple organizers in multiple cities – How can we create what are in effect multiple calendars, with each submissions from each city separated to the appropriate calendar?

This sounds like two separate questions to me. So, while you can create the “effect” of two calendars using categories, and linking to the same event page, but filtered by a taxonomy (for example, here on WP Shindig), you can’t actually have two calendars. Also, auto-categorizing isn’t a feature at this time unfortunately. ?

***** There must be a workaround – any thoughts? I’m guessing one way to do this is to assign everything a category – e.g. Jacksonville vs. Hartford – and offer a filtered view default on certain pages (e.g. /calendar/hartford vs /calendar/jacksonville). But how can I arrange to tag things appropriately, or make these filters work, if there’s no autotagging – can I manually go in and update these in bulk? How often will I have to do so? Or is there a view command that I can link users to as a hyperlink that auto filters by location?

Thanks!
    Scott

Scott
    Participant

Just circling back here – solutions??? Thanks!

Scott
    Participant

Following up again, especially re duplicate events on calendar.

Scott
    Participant

Following up again, on a tight deadline here, hoping to get some assistance, thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Apologies for the delay Scott! I was out last week and there seems to have been a bit of a mix up as to the coverage for my existing topics.

I’ll be responding to these issues a bit later, but I just wanted to let you know that you haven’t been abandoned!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Scott
    Participant

Thanks, and TGIF, any luck here? On a tight deadline, thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Scott,

I totally understand. It seems my last reply didn’t post. 🙁  Sorry about that! I’ll respond below in italics.

**** We are pulling in from Facebook feeds. Is it possible if you schedule to import from the same feed twice by accident that it won’t catch the duplicates? How can we fix if so? Wonder if this is what’s happening, but not sure.

Yes, if you have your plugin configured to  import from the same Facebook feed more than once, then it won’t catch the duplicates. I’d suggest cancelling the imports and re-establishing just one if that’s the case.

– Is there a way to autotag imports? In our case, we want to pull events from multiple organizers in multiple cities – How can we create what are in effect multiple calendars, with each submissions from each city separated to the appropriate calendar?

***** There must be a workaround – any thoughts? I’m guessing one way to do this is to assign everything a category – e.g. Jacksonville vs. Hartford – and offer a filtered view default on certain pages (e.g. /calendar/hartford vs /calendar/jacksonville). But how can I arrange to tag things appropriately, or make these filters work, if there’s no autotagging – can I manually go in and update these in bulk? How often will I have to do so? Or is there a view command that I can link users to as a hyperlink that auto filters by location?

You can tag events with categories manually, but you’ll have to do this for every event. Alternatively, you can use our filter bar plugin and link to URLs based on location, venue etc. You can check out the plugin here

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Glitches and Questions: Hoping to Resolve ASAP’ is closed to new replies.