Getting an automatic list of attendees without having to go into each event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Getting an automatic list of attendees without having to go into each event

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Erick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Erick
    Participant

Hello Events Team,

I am using Tickets and Calendar plus to sell tickets for wellness classes. When an order is made, I would like to get an email with the date and time for the class they purchased. Is there a quick way to see, perhaps on a calendar view, to see how many tickets were sold. I would like to not have to go in the back end and click on attendees for the classes.

I was using this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees/ but it did not answer my question fully.

Would love some help on this!

Thanks,
    Erick M

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Erick!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

Unfortunately, those are not built in functionalities, so you would have to go for a customization to accomplish that. While we are limited in the amount of support we can give for customizations, we do like helping out and pointing users in the right direction.

When an order is made, I would like to get an email with the date and time for the class they purchased.

You can try to achieve that by customizing the “Admin new order email” that WooCommerce sends when an order is created. I found a similar thread which should be helpful here > https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/customising-the-new-order-e-mail-to-include-ticket-details/. Make sure you check this snippet George came up with >

https://gist.github.com/ggwicz/2a87b71e08c584341ef2809f2ea9cb27

Is there a quick way to see, perhaps on a calendar view, to see how many tickets were sold.

An approach to this would be to make a template customization of single-event.php file to show the amount of tickets sold for the event but only to users with administration capabilities. There is a great article about theming our plugins here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Best!

Victor

Erick
    Participant

This seems like some great help but am still wondering where exactly to post this snippet?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Erick!

To make use of that code snippet, you should copy and paste it in your theme’s functions.php file. You can find it in [yoursite]/wp-content/themes/[yourtheme]/functions.php. Make sure you don’t copy this opening php tag: <?php

I’ve just realised there is an extension that will add the event name, time, and location not only to the order email, but also anywhere WooCommerce displays the full order details. So you might want to try this extension first > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/add-event-and-attendee-information-to-woocommerce-order-details/

Let me know how that works for you.

Good luck!

Victor

Erick
    Participant

It worked except, I did not receive an admin notification of the new order and on the checkout page the details are there (yay!) but these is also an error code with it. I have placed it as a private reply after this one.

Erick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Erick
    Participant

I deactivated all the plugins you asked me to but the message was still there. I also broke one of my Woocommerce plugins (Smart Coupons), which is not working at all now. I have contacted their support.

This has become such a big headache.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Erick!

I’m really sorry that you are having those issues. I know how frustrating that can be 🙁

Please rest assured that we will do everything possible to help you.

I see you shared the system information with us, is that the latest? If not, please make sure you share with us the latest sys info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Where is the warning message showing exactly? Could you provide us with a link to see or send us a screenshot of it?

When you say the message was still there, does it show with older events or with newly created events after deactivating all other plugins too?

If you deactivate the Event Tickets Plus Extension, does the warning message still show?

Also, please let me know if you have any answers from the Smart Coupons plugin authors that may relate to our plugins.

Thanks,
    Victor

Erick
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Erick.
    Erick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Erick!

Thanks for getting back and sending all your system info.

Unfortunately, I’ve been able to reproduce your issue in my local installation and it seems to also be a conflict with the latest WooCommerce version 3.0. With all major releases like that one, these errors are very common as you can also see with the case of Smart Coupons.

We always recommend setting up a testing / dev site to test all the plugin updates and make sure it works before going to production.

I have created a bug report and linked to this thread, so the team will address it in a future update for the extension. I will change this thread status to “Pending fix” we will let you know as soon as it is released.

The error message you are getting is just a php warning, which does not necessarily mean something is not working. I can actually see the event info in the order screenshot. So, the workaround I would like you to try is deactivating these error messages by copy and pasting the following code in your wp-config.php file >

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

you should paste it below this line of code >

$table_prefix = 'wp_';

Let me know how that works for you.

I apologise for this inconvenience and I really appreciate your patience.

Best!
    Victor

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Erick,

I was hoping to release a new version before the end of the day, but it’s been a busy day and no one was available to test my fix. While I can not release a proper new version on our extensions official page, I can still share with you this release candidate for version 1.0.1 of the extension:

Event Tickets Plus Extension: Enhance Woo Order Templates

If you uninstall the current extension on your site, then download and install this one, you should see those errors go away. Alternatively setting WP_DEBUG to false is also an option, and something I’d actually recommend you do on a live site. Those notices you were seeing are not meant for live sites, rather they are meant for plugin developers like us. Hence why WordPress recommends setting WP_DEBUG to false on every live site.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Erick
    Participant

This new plugin def worked! Thanks so much for all your support guys. It truly means a lot!

Erick

Victor
    Keymaster

Right on! I’m so glad to hear everything is working smoothly and I appreciate you following up to let us know. Definitely keep us posted if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting an automatic list of attendees without having to go into each event’ is closed to new replies.