Get date of recurring event on single-events.php

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Get date of recurring event on single-events.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dominik Schneider
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m using the recurring events function of the Event Calendar Pro plugin.
    But I have a problem to get displayed the correct date of an event on the single page.

For example, I have one event on following dates:

1st July
    7th July
    14th July

etc.

If I click on the Event (in a list) for 7th July to get more information, I only get displayed the beginning date (in this case 1st July). It is bit confusing, because the date should be the 7th july on the single page as well.

I’m using following code to get displayed the date:

<?php echo tribe_get_start_date( null, false, 'j. F Y' ); ?>

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Dominik,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you are having an issue, let me try to help you solve it.

I tested a recurring event with a default, unmodified setup of WordPress, The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro. For me the dates are shown properly on the single pages.

Could you share with me your system information following this guide, and possibly a link where I can see this issue?

Thanks,
    Andras

Dominik Schneider
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo nochmal Dominik,

Thanks for sharing your system info. No worries about the local server, we will figure it out and solve it.

There are couple of things which I would like you to check. I will put them here in order, trying with the least time consuming and then we work our way down to more detailed tests.

1. I see you are using different versions of our plugins. We have just released 4.2.1 from each. I would recommend to update all of them. (I also reco making a full backup before updating, just in case. Man kann ja nie wissen…) I see you have personal editions. You can use your license key on your dev site, then when done, you can move it to your live site. Here‘s a nice article about that.

2. Try re-saving your permalinks under Settings > Permalinks

3. Is this happening with other recurring events as well? Is it happening with a newly created recurring event?
    If it’s not happening with new ones, then you just might need to delete this and recreate it.

4. Are you using any redirection plugins? Those can cause issues like this. Deactivate it, and check if it helps.

5. There might be a redirection set up in your .htaccess file. Give it a check.

6. If the above points didn’t yet provide a positive result, then please do a test for conflicting plugins and themes based on this guide.

Let me know where you get with these.

MfG
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Get date of recurring event on single-events.php’ is closed to new replies.