General questions and RSVP via FB?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator General questions and RSVP via FB?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wegoecono
    Participant

Hello – this looks like a possible option for us. We have FB events set up, but have also been using Events Calendar separately. If we set up FB events, it looks like we can import them into the site via The Events Calendar. Is there communication between the two in real time? Meaning, does the RSVP functionality with FB work on the site so it shows us who has RSVP’d on the site side / does it show who RSVP’d on the Facebook side? Or are these two entities (FB event and the The Events Calendar event) completely separate once it’s imported, and this is JUST allowing you to import a FB event?

Also, with the import, does it take in organizer info, location, etc? Is there a good link to look at how this looks after it’s imported and what the original FB invite looked like? Does it take in the profile / featured image? etc

We are trying to determine if we could just enter events via FB, import them when we want, but still utilizing some type of RSVP functionality via the site.

Nico

Hi @wegoecono,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ll help you decide if Event Aggregator (our just released plugin to import events from multiple sources into your site) is the right choice for you 🙂

Is there communication between the two in real time? Meaning, does the RSVP functionality with FB work on the site so it shows us who has RSVP’d on the site side / does it show who RSVP’d on the Facebook side? Or are these two entities (FB event and the The Events Calendar event) completely separate once it’s imported, and this is JUST allowing you to import a FB event? Also, with the import, does it take in organizer info, location, etc?

Event Aggregator will import all event data (title, schedule, event image, description, etc) and will also create the Organizer and Venue (or use a previously created one). It still doesn’t support Facebook RSVP (we have a feature request for this), although we have an internal ticket to explore this functionality I cannot assure it will be included or when. Regarding the events ‘sync’ if you set up an scheduled import (running on a given frequency) the event on the site will be updated with changes from Facebook.

Is there a good link to look at how this looks after it’s imported and what the original FB invite looked like? Does it take in the profile / featured image? etc

I’d say the best way to see if this fits your needs is to give it a try! While we don’t have a trial period, you can go ahead and purchase the products for testing. If you decide they are not what you are looking for, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. For more information take a look at our refund policy.

We are trying to determine if we could just enter events via FB, import them when we want, but still utilizing some type of RSVP functionality via the site.

As I mentioned on the first reply, Facebook RSVP won’t be imported but you can add this feature to the ‘WordPress’ event by using free plugin Event Tickets, or just create a link/button so people can RSVP to the Facebook event.

Please let me know if you have any other follow-up questions on this,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘General questions and RSVP via FB?’ is closed to new replies.