Front end Guest list.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Front end Guest list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    curtissmansion
    Participant

HI all, thanks for this wonderful product, i was able to buy, install and create my first set of tickets in less than 10 minutes.

I am using this service for a historical house that is run mostly by volunteers, i was wondering if there is a short code that would allow the volunteers to run a guest list to the event from the front end without login in. it would be really confusing for them to navigate WP to print the latest and the greatest.

please advise,

thanks,

D.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m so glad to hear that you’re liking the plugin so far, and thanks for the great feedback!

Just to make sure I understand what you’re looking for here, would you like to display a list of attendees on the front end, or do you want volunteers to be able to check attendees in from the front end?

There is an option to display attendees on the front end, but allowing volunteers to actually check in attendees from the front end would require a customization.

If you have any other questions or I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

curtissmansion
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer,

Close but no Cigar, the idea is to display the names on the front end for volunteers to print and check in manually, but not in the event page where everyone can see them.

is there a way or a short code to show this list from the front end but privately to the volunteers?

for example, if i have an event created at MyWebsite.com/seminar create something like (and this is an out of my hat example) MyWebsite.com/seminar?Atendees and that would display the name of all sold tickets for them to print out.

my main worry is that i might set up an event, print the guest list before leaving at night and somebody buys the ticket and walks in the next morning. volunteers will not be able to know if this person indeed bought a ticket and i might not be available to figure out at the time for them.

thanks,

D.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying!

There is not an out of the box way to display an attendee list on a private front-end page like this. It could be set up via a customization – if you would like to give this a shot, our themer’s guide is the place to start. We also have a list of recommended developers that you could contact if you would like to have the code done for you.

If this is a feature that you would like to see added in the future, please do let us know over in our Feature Ideas Forum! This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

I would also recommend taking a look at this article, which has some info on using the QR codes on tickets to check attendees in. If you have a few devices that you can get this set up on ahead of time, then the volunteers would just need to scan the tickets at the time of the event.

The following articles may also be helpful in getting up and running with Event Tickets Plus:

Settings Overview: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Managing Your Orders and Attendees

I’m sorry that I don’t have a better answer for you at the moment, but I hope this helps – and please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Front end Guest list.’ is closed to new replies.