'Filters & Columns' messed up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 'Filters & Columns' messed up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Sam
    Participant

For example,
    http://samjlevy.com/files/ecp.png

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the note Sam. We’ve heard a few reports of this. In most cases, the issue is that the plugin was installed in a directory with a space: “Events PRO”. This works fine for just code, but gets screwed up when enqueuing CSS/JS resources, since WP strips all whitespace out of URLs in its script+style management. So assuming you’re facing the same issue, changing to a dashed or underscored directory should get things working fine.

Let me know if that’s not the cause of your issue and I can keep looking into it for you.

Sam
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Rob

It’s definitely something to do with the JS pathing (CSS seems to be fine)

For example,
    [code]

[/code]

Notice how the local path is being inserted into the JS path

It’s running on Server 2008, could that have something to do with it?

Thanks

Sam
    Participant

Oops, the code didn’t paste
    See here: http://paste.samjlevy.com/v/4f0ef2af65b34

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Sam. (To use code, use the < code > tag instead of [code][/code]).

It may be Server 2008 that is responsible here, but that’s a bit outside my area of expertise. Let me get our dev Jonah to respond there.

Rob

Thanks Sam. Jonah was also not sure what caused this so I’ve asked the dev who built the APM to begin with. Stay tuned.

Sam
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this

In the mean time I have hidden the tribe-filters using CSS

Rob

Hey Sam. I talked this over with the dev today and we’ve fixed it. APM wasn’t using WP’s internal plugins_url() function previously out of a desire for the flexibility of embedding it in plugins and/or themes as we tend to do. It’s now using plugins_url() , which itself has a bunch of stuff going on to account for Windows installs. There’s also a filter on the the plugin url called tribe_apm_url for those times where we might need to modify the URL to account for unorthodox usage (ie embedded in a theme).

We’ve updated the external reference for ECP trunk and 2.1 branch to point to APM 1.0.7. The nice part is that you can just install APM through the WP.org plugins directory and it’ll take precedence over the bundled one. Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Sam
    Participant

Excellent

I can confirm that installing APM fixes the issue

While we are on it — one suggestion, it would be useful if we could add the ‘Posted Date’ column instead of just the ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ columns

We go through an approval process for calendar submissions, and it would be useful for the individuals approving submissions to be able to sort pending events by ‘Post Date’

Thanks Rob

Rob

Awesome to hear that did the trick. That’s an awesome idea on the “Posted Date” column…hadn’t hear dit before. The way we’re gauging what will go in future releases is largely based on the Feature Request thread we’ve got going here (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-feature-requests/). If you mention this in that thread it’ll be a vote for the feature and will lead to it being discussed internally here as we plot future releases.

Let me know if you need anything else, too. Otherwise have a great weekend.

Sam
    Participant

I have noticed that the Advanced Post Manager does not seem to update correctly via the Dashboard

It says I have version 1.0 installed and that 1.0.6 is available, whenever I attempt to update (which shows as being successful), the version number remains at 1.0 and continues to stay flagged as out of date

I also notice that during the update process– which is supposed to be for 1.0.6, it is instead downloading 1.0.7:
    Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/advanced-post-manager.1.0.7.zip

Not a big deal, just letting you know

Rob

Thanks for the heads up here, Sam. That probably needs to be changed – let me see what the dev has to say and we’ll get this fixed (however we can) from there.

Rob

Hey Sam. Just wanted to say that I talked with the dev on this. It was just an issue with the plugin version being wrong in the plugin file. There are 3 aspects to versioning a WP.org plugin and we’d forgotten one. Should be fixed now.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Tim
    Participant

This “There is a new version…” message is still occurring with Advanced Post Manager Demo.

Any idea when it will be fixed? For now I’ve just removed that part of the plugin manually.

Rob

Hey Tim: you’re still getting this issue even after downloading the newer code? Let me know…it’ll be fixed in 2.1 if not sooner, but if I can get some more from you here it’ll likely be sooner rather than later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘'Filters & Columns' messed up’ is closed to new replies.