Filter bar day filtering still shows events from previous day of the week too

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar day filtering still shows events from previous day of the week too

• This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 1 month ago by Robert Trevellyan.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear that the maintenance release did not resolve your issue!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Great thanks for providing me with that information.

Can you take a screenshot of what the following event looks like on the backend so I can do some testing on my end?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

Screenshot attached.

As for the standard troubleshooting steps, you know I went through all that before on the previous thread, right? I even uploaded a Duplicator package so you could reconstitute the site in-house and do whatever you want with it. I feel the request to do over is unduly burdensome.

Hi Robert,

Okay, I understand.  Let’s try something else then.  Can you try changing your timezone settings under Events Settings < General to “Use the local times for each event” and see if that resolves the issue for you?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

That does seem to resolve the problem, which seems like a bug, because the site-wide timezone is set correctly (see attached).

Hi Robert,

Timezone troubleshooting can be confusing and difficult to pinpoint, but sometimes changing a setting makes a difference, as it did here.

I’m glad we were able to figure things out and get your Filter Bar working properly again.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

Please confirm that this is either expected behavior (and if so, why), or that it will be reported as a bug.

Thanks.

Hi Robert,

As I mentioned, timezone troubleshooting can be confusing.  Sometimes playing around with the settings can help, as it did here.  I’m going to hold off on calling this a bug for now but will keep this thread in mind should this issue come up elsewhere.

With the settings and functionality working the way it should, is there anything else I can assist with?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

I’m confused:

Scenario 1
    Sitewide timezone set to America/New_York
    Individual events set to America/New_York
    TEC set to “Use the sitewide timezone everywhere”
    Result: day of the week filters don’t work correctly

Scenario 2
    Sitewide timezone set to America/New_York
    Individual events set to America/New_York
    TEC set to “Use local timezones for each event”
    Result: day of the week filters work correctly

If that’s not a bug, what is it?

Hi Robert,

Again, I’m very glad that we were able to figure out how to resolve the issue that you were experiencing.

Do these settings cause any other issues on your site, or would you be okay with leaving your timezone settings set up in this way?

I would consider this a settings issue, rather than a bug.  Timezone issues can come from many places and sometimes finding the right setting is all that is needed to solve the issue, as was the case here.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

I’m glad you were able to give me a workaround that makes the day filters work correctly.

I can live with these settings, but I would prefer to be able to use the sitewide timezone setting and have it work correctly. Our clients are mostly regional, so it would be better if they didn’t have to think about timezones when setting up events. In fact, I would like to see the timezone setting for individual events hidden when the sitewide timezone option is used.

I’m still puzzled by your characterization of this issue as not being a bug, but I don’t have any further questions.

Thanks for your help.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar day filtering still shows events from previous day of the week too’ is closed to new replies.