Filter Bar day filtering shows events from previous day of the week too

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar day filtering shows events from previous day of the week too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

When using the filter bar to filter by day of the week, events from the chosen day are displayed, but events from the previous day of the week are also displayed.

NOTE: please do not publish the site URL.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

The only thing odd I see there is that the event’s start and end times are the same on the same day.

However, since that second screenshot shows an event without this situation, you might want to follow our general troubleshooting steps:

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for your effort here.

Since that didn’t resolve it for you and one of our developers also wasn’t able to replicate the issue, could you please provide us a database dump to take a deeper look?

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

How about I just send you a Duplicator package? It’s around 200MB. What’s the upload file size limit?

Cliff

Sure thing. We can’t take zip files here, but you could share a link to Dropbox, Cloud App, Google Drive, etc.

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Here’s the database postmeta table for one of your upcoming events: https://cl.ly/0D1O2v0K0t2G

Notice the _EventEndDateUTC field is the only one on Saturday, November 25, which is why this event is appearing on both the Friday and Saturday filters.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

I expect you’re taking this into account, but just in case:
    1. I have “Timezone mode” set to “Use the sitewide timezone everywhere”, and the sitewide timezone is set to America/New York.
    2. This issue is not limited to Friday events appearing in the Saturday filter. If you choose the Sunday filter, Saturday events appear, and so on.

Cliff

Yes, we’ve got that information. Thanks for the details.

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Cliff

Hi, Robert. Sorry to hear that.

Please make sure you’re using the latest versions of all our plugins and also follow the troubleshooting steps I previously listed here to try to reproduce this bug.

If it’s still happening, then please open a new Help Desk ticket and link back to this one for added context.

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar day filtering shows events from previous day of the week too’ is closed to new replies.