Featured Image will not change to a different image

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Featured Image will not change to a different image

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

After I updated to WordPress 4.8.2 and Events Calendar 4.6 my eventbrite tickets no longer allows me to change the featured image. I am able to upload one and select it. It will show it to me in the preview window when I set featured image but when I update the event it creates a copy of the previous image I want to replace and sets that as the featured image.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Hi Beth,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!  I’m sorry that you’re not able to change the featured image since you updated your plugins.

Would you mind sharing a link to the events that you are referring to?

Is this occurring for one event, or for multiple events?

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,

Jaime

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Beth,

Thanks for that information.  I’m wondering, does this occurring for one event, or for multiple events?  Can you try to create a new event and see if this still occurs?

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.  This way we can see if any errors come up.

Thanks,

Jaime

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

It occurs on every eventbrite event whenever I try to change the featured image it creates another version of the old featured image on saving and displays that instead of the one I updated it with. I can’t turn on WP_DEBUG because I am in a live environment. I don’t have the ability to create a staging area and had to test the default theme in maintenance mode and other ways to debug this? It was working fine until WordPress 4.8.2 and Events Calendar 4.6

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, without proper conflict testing and debugging, it can be difficult to get to the bottom of this.  A few things to consider:

Let me know how all of this goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

Jamie,

What do you mean by Error 404 with event brite – The key is entered and this event shows the eventbrite registration – http://mybflib.org/event/fobfls-6th-annual-great-cupcake-contest/.

This error with the featured image has to be related to the eventbrite plugin because when I add an event without it I can change the featured image without any problem. Does it work correctly in your environment?

Thanks
    Beth

Hi Beth,

For your reference, this is the error that I am seeing when I visit that page: https://www.evernote.com/l/Atz4nLzX2O9ERJ3opR6lU095ZHVJx1nJ8bEB/image.png

I have tested this in my environment without any issues, including using the image that you were trying to add.  I would love to get some more information from you in order to replicate as closely as possible.  Are you importing the events from Eventbrite, or are you creating them in WordPress itself?  Is there anything else I should know about how these events are created?

I appreciate your patience through this process.

Thanks,

Jaime

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I don’t see that error in my Console when I view the event I am using Google Chrome Developer Console. I am importing the events from eventbrite and once imported trying to change the featured image then that is when it doesn’t allow me to change it. When I create an event without importing from eventbrite it allows me to update the image with no issue.

Hi Beth,

Thanks for providing me with that information!  It was super helpful  and I did a lot of testing on my local site.  What I found is that there is a setting that handles the way that images are selected with Eventbrite.  Depending on what setting you have selected, you may not be able to update the image.  By default, the setting selected does not allow the image to be updated.  Please select the option I have outlined in the following screenshot:

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

Jamie,

The screen shot is a bit small for me to read. Are these settings in eventbrite or in the wordpress wp-admin area? Can you enlarge the screenshot?

Thanks
    Beth

Hi Beth,

Here is a full-screen screenshot of where the option is located: https://cloudup.com/caSdFg3VwyV.  It is in the WordPress Admin area, under Edit Event.  You will want to select “Try to update eventbrite.com so it shares the same image as used locally.”

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

Jamie thank you so much that solved the problem.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Image will not change to a different image’ is closed to new replies.