Feature Request: Default Location

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Feature Request: Default Location

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Cappy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cappy
    Participant

Hello,

I have read through the forum and I see people are having the same issue I am having in regards to private meet up events and lack of detail including location. So, if people search an area, nothing comes up. It would be great to assign to default location to imports from certain meet up groups. For example, if I create LA bicycle meet up import in the backend, and it can’t find any location information for an event, it simply applies a default location I specify which would be Los Angeles in this case. That way the events still show up when doing an area search.

Thanks for all your had work!

PS, is it possible to do a bulk import of meet up groups? Maybe directly to the db?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Cappy. Reason: added question
    Hunter

Hi and welcome,

Sorry to see you’re having troubles. I’d be happy to help. To clarify, you’re referring to importing events from Meetup.com using Event Aggregator, correct?

I have read through the forum and I see people are having the same issue I am having in regards to private meet up events and lack of detail including location.

Can you share links to threads of users experiencing the same issues?

It would be great to assign to default location to imports from certain meet up groups. For example, if I create LA bicycle meet up import in the backend, and it can’t find any location information for an event, it simply applies a default location I specify which would be Los Angeles in this case. That way the events still show up when doing an area search.

We appreciate all types of constructive criticism. The best venue to submit requests is our UserVoice Feature Ideas, so please take a moment and add your recommendations there.

PS, is it possible to do a bulk import of meet up groups? Maybe directly to the db?

Other than running a scheduled import, there is no way to add a list of events you’d like imported from Meetup.com at this time. For example, if I enter https://www.meetup.com/ChandlerPublicLibrary/ into the Events > Imports > New Imports > URL field (screenshot below), I’m able to set up an import to regularly import events Chandler City Public library has published to Meetup.com.

The ability to add a list of events you’d like imported from Meetup is a feature I see worth adding to our UserVoice Feature Ideas.

Let me know if this helps clarify the current features and limits of Event Aggregator and have a pleasant rest of your day. Cheers!

Cappy
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Here is a link to someone else who was experiencing the same issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/importing-private-events-from-meetup/#dl_post-1213963

I didn’t ask my question clearly enough. If I have say 100 meetup groups I’d like to setup to import events from, is there a quicker way to set those up? To the database perhaps? Or do they have to be inputed one by one?

Thanks,

Cappy

Hunter

Hi Cappy,

Thank you for sending the link over. As George mentioned in his response, you’d need to either build the customizations yourself or hire someone to help out. I’d also like to reiterate the option to add your suggestion to our UserVoice Feature Ideas.

If I have say 100 meetup groups I’d like to setup to import events from, is there a quicker way to set those up? To the database perhaps? Or do they have to be inputed one by one?

At this time, you’ll need to create a new import for each group you want events imported from. This is yet another case where a) you can either build customizations/hire a developer and/or b) submit a detailed writeup of what features you envision in a future release to the UserVoice Feature Ideas page.

Please let me know if I’ve answered your questions and thanks for choosing us for your events calendar needs. Until next time 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Request: Default Location’ is closed to new replies.