Importing Private events from meetup

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing Private events from meetup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colm
    Participant

Hi

Some meetup groups have their privacy settings high so that you can’t see the details of the events unless you a member

Event aggregator is still importing the name of event with the date and time but no details.

If I become a member of these groups, will the event details import?

George
    Participant

Hey Colm, I’m very sorry for the delayed response here!

I was in dialogue with some developers on our team about your question, because I admittedly did not know the answer myself. It turns out that this is likely not possible, given a number of details about the Meetup API.

You may be able to implement some fairly-extensive modifications to our plugin’s code to tweak how it contacts the Meetup API, and the exact behavior you describe may be possible, but there’s unfortunately no out-of-the-box way to achieve what you describe at this time. 🙁 We’re not able to help with custom coding, unfortunately, but if you want to tinker with the Meetup API integrations, you can write that custom code yourself or hire a professional developer to do it for you. We have a list of great developers here → http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and have no affiliation with any of these folks—they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one).

Sorry to disappoint here, @Colm—and again, apologies for the delayed reply. I hope this information helps you move forward with your project.

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Private events from meetup’ is closed to new replies.