FB Events not importing location or organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator FB Events not importing location or organizer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FMD IT
    Participant

Hi- Some of my facebook events import with the location and organizer, some do not. For the ones that do not, I have to manually edit each event to add the venue and organizer. What are the event creators doing differently? On the FB event page, it’s clear who the organizers are…or where the event is.

Please help! Thanks!

FMD IT
    Participant

This reply is private.

FMD IT
    Participant
    Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

Can you try and reproduce the issue while reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide and report back with what you find out?

Thank you for reaching out and have a great Thursday!

FMD IT
    Participant

Still happening, even with all those changes. It only happens SOMETIMES. some of the events import correctly. The ones I pasted in the comment this morning were 4 examples of the events that imported without the information.

thanks

Hunter

Welcome back,

I just attempted to import the events you shared in your previous comment and was able to successfully import them.

Make sure when attempting to import a single event, this one for example: https://www.facebook.com/events/308212756186878, that you take the Facebook event ID (which is 308212756186878) and enter that into the ‘Import events by their Facebook ID:’ box found under Events > Import > Facebook. (see screenshot below)

For more clarification, our ‘New User Primer: Facebook Events’ article is a great resource to refer when getting hung up in these instances. Let me know if this answer helps and have a great weekend!

FMD IT
    Participant

Hi- Your solution of importing the event information by facebook event id number works for an individual event…but I still have the problem with some events that are being imported in a batch.

I have 45 pending events right now from multiple facebook group pages…maybe 50% are coming in with the organizer and event information. All are coming in with the description.

Please help. Because of the ongoing issue of having information pull from many accounts I am UNABLE to access the page to import via event ID…unless I remove most of the facebook pages, import the event, then re-insert the pages…which is a really clunky solution for a paid plugin.

thanks

Andrew

Hunter

Welcome back Andrew,

We are currently working on improving how our plugin handles large amounts of Facebook events. A lot has to do with your sever setup, caching, situation, etc, but I’ve attached this forum thread to the logged feature report. Stay tuned to your wp-admin and theeventscalendar.com/blog for feature release info. I can tell you it’s currently “in-progress”, so that is a very good sign it’s coming out within a matter of weeks or months!

Sorry I don’t have a better solution for you at this time, but try and identify Facebook event pages that have a lot of events and try and break it up for the time being. If this doesn’t work for your situation, we offer Refunds within 30 days of purchase date.

Thank you for working with me on the matter and please feel free to reply back with any questions or comments. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Geoff

Hey Andrew,

Great news! After a lot of work and effort, we were able to make release what we believe is a great solution for the issue of events not importing from Facebook due to timeout limitations.

Since this thread was opened, not only has Facebook updated it API, but we have developed a new product called Event Aggregator that is fully compatible with it and overcomes the importing issues that Facebook Events encountered. In particular, Event Aggregator is not a plugin, but a service that is already available in The Events Calendar 4.3 and, when purchasing a license to activate it, it uses the power of our servers here at Modern Tribe to handle much larger imports than Facebook Events ever could running on a typical shared server.

Event Aggregator is now available and you should even have a complimentary license for it if you already have an active Facebook Events license to help you make the switch.

In addition, we’ve put together a handy guide that outlines best practices for importing events using Event Aggregator to help get the most out of your imports:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/plugin/event-aggregator/

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this. We know it has been a long-running item everyone’s wishlist and we couldn’t be more excited to finally get it into your hands.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘FB Events not importing location or organizer’ is closed to new replies.