Fatal Error on Vagrant

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Fatal Error on Vagrant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yulia
    Participant

I don’t know if this is the same issue but i am getting a fatal error after the last update 4.4.0.1 on my vagrant development server:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tribe__Settings_Manager::get_url() in /srv/www/gentleheartyoga/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/src/Tribe/App_Shop.php on line 73

I haven’t tried it on the staging server running on nginix to avoid issues with testing.

Geoff B.

Good evening Yulia and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the fatal error creeping up after an update. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Additionally, can you tell me if it does make a difference when you try it on another non-Vagrant server ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Yulia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Yulia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Yulia
    Participant

Getting a new error:
    [18-Jan-2017 06:24:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tribe__Settings_Manager::get_parent_slug() in /srv/www/gentleheartyoga/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Meta/Fieldset.php on line 24

Geoff B.

Good evening Yulia,

Thank you for the additional information.

I am noticing that there was a notable increase in the number of plugins activated between the first and second system information info.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

I realize this is time consuming, but it’s the quickest way to get to the bottom of this while I communicate your info to Dev.

Let me know what you find out.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Yulia
    Participant

That was my fault. I had been turning plugins off to test to see if they were the source of the problem or not.

I haven’t noticed the issue on the staging site or on a separate local install using docker (all with the same plugins and theme running).

I’ll run through the trouble shooting again and try moving to a new vagrant.

Geoff B.

Good evening Yulia,

Thank you for your answer.
    I do have some good news on my end.

After some pretty lengthy investigation, it looks like this issue is actually server dependent.
    This might explain why you are not able to reproduce it on other environments.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch.
    We are actively working on a fix for this.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point.

But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Nico

Hey,

I’m reaching out to let you know that we just released a fix for this issue. Please update the plugins to version 4.4.1 (4.4.1.1 for The Events Calendar) and let us know if this actually makes the issue right in your site.

More details on the release → Maintenance Release: The Events Calendar and Event Tickets 4.4.1, plus premium add-ons

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error on Vagrant’ is closed to new replies.