Fatal Error on frontend sales report, again

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Fatal Error on frontend sales report, again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant
    Dirk
    Participant

Oh, the error is the following:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/…/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Orders/Table.php on line 389

Geoff B.

Good evening Dirk and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you have been experiencing with the sales reports.
    It certainly was not intentional on our end to have this issue come back. All apologies.

I would love to try to help you with this topic.

With that in mind I went ahead and tried to replicate the issue but was not able to.
    Could you please tell me exactly where you are clicking to trigger the error message (I’m using the “Sales” button on the front-end)?

Could you also please go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out ?

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

It is indeed the ‘sales’ button on the frontend. We had issues in the past but those were resolved. Suddenly, after the latest updates, the error is back. We didn’t change anything else about the website.

I tried all the testing procedures, but it didn’t help. With the registered products I can download previous versions but the free core plugings I can’t. Is it possible to donwload the previous versions of the free core products?

Thanks,
    Dirk

Geoff B.

Good evening Dirk,

Thank you for confirming we are indeed talking about the same thing and for trying the testing procedures (including reverting back to a default WordPress theme).

I understand that you have had bad experiences with the report in the past, but on a clean install, this should now work.
    This is why, if you are up for it (perhaps in a staging environment) it would be worth figuring out what the issue is.

The first thing I would recommend is to try to reinstall the latest version of the plugins (after a backup of course).

But, if you would prefer reverting back to an earlier version, I would totally understand.

The good news is that you can download previous versions of the free plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/

Let me know what you decide,

Geoff B.

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for keeping with me… 🙂

Somehow it does work with older versions, all very confusing! There’s probably something wrong on my end with the latests versions, my apologies.

I did however discover that it also happens, on all versions, when an event is set to ‘ private ‘. So when the owner of a ‘ private’ event logs in the frontend, he or she cannot go to sales. Would be interesting to know if you can replicate that result.

Cheers,
    Dirk

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Dirk,

This is very odd indeed.

Most unexpected issues like that are typically caused by:

• Something that went wrong during the update of the plugins (in which case reinstalling the latest versions typically solves the issue)
    • Template customizations that need updating after an plugin update (as found in the /tribe-events folder of your WordPress theme)

In any case, I went ahead and tried to replicate the “private” event issue and I was unable to replicate the issue with Twenty-Fifteen used as a theme.

But I would be curious to know what your private event workflow is (since there is no “private” option on the community submit form).

Do you initially create the event in the backend and then assign users as authors for these events ? And if so, what WordPress role do these authors have ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error on frontend sales report, again’ is closed to new replies.