Bug report on front end edit event, sales report

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Bug report on front end edit event, sales report

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m back again. Sorry to keep bothering you but I guess and hope you would like to know stuff we run into.

The new ticket section in the front end of “edit event” has a link that gives a fatal error.
    Next to the heading ‘ tickets’ are two links (just like in the back-end), Sales report and Attendees. When you click on sales report the following fatal error is given:
    Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/…/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Tickets/Orders_Table.php on line 388

My guess: It still links to the woocommerce report in the back-end instead of going to the new sales section of the new community tickets front-end sales.

Cheers,
    Dirk

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dirk,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I just did some testing in my local environment on the latest versions of the plugin and unfortunately wasn’t able to replicate. If you update to the latest versions of the plugin that were released late yesterday, does the issue persist for you?

Thanks!

Dirk
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, it persists, it actually started after patching. And I was mistaken before all the sales report links on the front-end give that error. Also on the events-list.

All the tribe stuff is up to date and also disabled other plugins and cleared the functions.php on the child theme of all ‘ edits’

It’s really strange because it did work in the beginning.

Weird isn’t it?

Dirk
    Participant

Extra info:
    We’re running the same website with the same plugins on a different URL where we are currently testing the tribe BETA’s and their it’s not happening…

Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

After some testing we found out that it only happens on the wordpress administrator account. A community events member account doesn’t seem to have the problem.

Maybe let it go for a while, we need some more testing for ourselves.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dirk,

Thanks for following up with us.

When testing again, it appears to be working fine for admin users as well on my local install. You mentioned that it was working on another site, is the admin vs. user distinction showing there as well?

My initial assumption would be that there may be some admin only filters being used on the site that is experiencing the issue. However, you mentioned that you removed all edits from the child theme. I wonder if potentially something may have gotten added to the parent theme’s functions file by mistake at some point?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

No problem, let me know if anything turns up from those tests.

Thanks!

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Dirk.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Dirk.
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Dirk,

To ensure we’re covering all of our bases, with your new installation testing did you switch to a default WordPress theme such as the TwentyFifteen theme to ensure there isn’t anything in the theme that is causing the issues?

Thanks!

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Yes, we always do that although we have to wait till late in the evening for such a test since it messes up the lay-out. After wordpress 4.4 we suddenly had very different issues with the community plugin which is posted and resolved here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/fatal-errors-attendees-sales-report-front-end/

So I guess you can close this thread. Unfortunatly the sales rapport is still only showing the last couple sales but I guess that’s still a work in progress?

Thanks for the assistance,

Dirk

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dirk,

No problem. I’m glad the updates were able to get the errors resolved. We do have the internal ticket for the ticket sales issues. You should be notified here as we make progress on that issue.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug report on front end edit event, sales report’ is closed to new replies.