Facebook Imports Not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Imports Not working

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Derek Pennycook.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been using the event aggregator since it was first released and have always had to do manual imports as the scheduled imports have worked only two or three times.

I did post the below thread back in September and a plugin update did make it work (once)

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-imports-has-never-actually-worked/

I have disabled every plugin, tried the WP 2017 theme, and have a dedicated server (and even swapped from another to see if that would work)

I would love to get this working and was wondering if anyone could help? Maybe, I am missing something obvious?

Thanks

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Can you also please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Hi, I have done that and attached the screenshot

Hi Derek,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, please make sure that all of your Events Calendar related plugins are up to date.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I always keep plugins up to date 🙂

There are over 80 URLs on my Event Aggregator

Here is one example. I have attached a screenshot for my scheduled import for the RBC Film Theatre. It has a frequency of Daily but it hasn’t updated since the 30th of March (when I did a manual import)

The RBC Film Theatre has an event on April 13th (A Fantastic Woman at the RBCFT) which hasn’t been imported.

This is similar on the majority of my scheduled imports (they will only import when I do a manual import)

Thank you

Hi Derek,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

As you may be aware, Facebook recently announced some significant changes to their privacy policy.  This has had an effect (and continues to have an effect) on the way that imports are currently working.

For now, it seems that Facebook Pages are only importing if you mark yourself as “interested” in the event.

You can read more about the changes here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/

Let me know if that works for you and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried that with six events, from different pages, that I know are not being imported (via the scheduled import) and it makes zero difference. This has been ongoing a year before Facebook’s changes.

They will always work with a manual import but the scheduled imports NEVER run.

Is there anything else I can try?

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your feedback.

I can see that you have had a number of failed imports over the past few months, however I’m seeing some successful imports from yesterday.  Although I’m assuming they are manual imports, correct?

For the events that have errors listed in your Event Log, can you take a screenshot of what one of them looks like on the backend?

Also, are you seeing anything in your debug log?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Imports Not working’ is closed to new replies.