Facebook imports failing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook imports failing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Angie
    Participant

Many of my Facebook scheduled imports are now showing as unknown and failed under history. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting Facebook but after the next import it is still showing many as failed.

Angie
    Participant

Can someone please assist me with this issue? I have been asked to renew my Events Aggregator License but the plugin it isn’t working at the moment as lots of imports are failing and I don’t know why. I have re-connected my Facebook account.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Angie,

Apologies for the delayed response! We had a busy week last week, and we don’t typically work on weekends, so we’re just now getting to some of the ones posted later in the week last week.

At any rate, I’d be happy to help. We’ve been getting a lot of reports of this issue with 4.4.7, and we think it’s related to another bu that was squashed in the following release. Would you mind updating to 4.4.8 and letting me know if that resolves the issues you’re having?

If not, I’m happy to help you with determining the cause of the issue, and sorting this all out. πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Angie
    Participant

Thanks, I have updated the plugin and waited a couple days but some scheduled imports are still failing. When you manually import these events they work but scheduled import fails.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Angie,

Just to confirm, have you exceeded your 100 imports per day by chance?

Otherwise,Β because I’m unable to replicate this issue on my testing server, this seems that it may be a theme or plugin conflict. Would you please work through the steps here to test for a conflict? This will help me be able to better assist you. πŸ™‚

Let me know if you need any clarification on this!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Angie
    Participant

We are not exceeding the 100 imports per day. Some events are being imported twice – they are exactly the same events from the same Facebook page and the same venue:
    https://latticelodge.co.uk/event/tell-me-anything/
    https://latticelodge.co.uk/event/tell-me-anything-2/
    Do you know why this is?

I am happy to test for conflicts as you suggest but i will need to set up a copy of the website in order to do this because I cannot change the theme or disable plugins on the live site, especially as I will have to wait 24 hour to check if the Facebook import is working. Can you please allow me to install the plugin on an additional website for testing?

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Angie,

Thanks for confirming that for me. πŸ™‚

You can follow the instructions here to set up your license on both your active and development sites. πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Angie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for the update, Angie: for one or two of the recently failed Facebook imports can you share the corresponding Facebook URL to help us do a spot of local testing?

Thanks!

Angie
    Participant
    Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Angie,

Would you try removing, “https://www.facebook.com/BriarbankBrewery/” from your imports? The page seems to not exist, Β which may be throwing a wrench in the process and causing the rest of it to error out. πŸ™‚

Let me know how this goes!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Angie
    Participant

That page does exist – I’ve just checked it. What else would you suggest? The same 20 Facebook Pages import successfully and the other 61 always fail

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Angie,

I’ve double-checked the page, and for some reason, I’m not able to view it:

I’m going to be checking in with Barry to see if he has any further ideas on this one, as I’m pretty stumped here.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Angie
    Participant

I am still waiting for someone to help me with this issue.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Angie,

I had checked in with Barry, and thought he’d responded to you, but apparently he intended to pass the information through me – my mistake!

Here are his thoughts:

https://www.facebook.com/BriarbankBrewery/ this URL, he’s seeing the same thing as my screenshots.

He also had some questions:

• Can you confirm with her if those URLs she listed work as expected when she triggers them _manually_
    • Can you also ask her to enable debug logging via the Events > Help screen in case that catches anything that is useful to us here

If you can let me know, we’ll move this forward. And again, so sorry for the miscommunication. Your patience is VERY appreciated.

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook imports failing’ is closed to new replies.