Help Desk

Facebook imports failing

Many of my Facebook scheduled imports are now showing as unknown and failed under history. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting Facebook but after the next import it is still showing many as failed.

Can someone please assist me with this issue? I have been asked to renew my Events Aggregator License but the plugin it isn’t working at the moment as lots of imports are failing and I don’t know why. I have re-connected my Facebook account.

Hi there Angie,

Apologies for the delayed response! We had a busy week last week, and we don’t typically work on weekends, so we’re just now getting to some of the ones posted later in the week last week.

At any rate, I’d be happy to help. We’ve been getting a lot of reports of this issue with 4.4.7, and we think it’s related to another bu that was squashed in the following release. Would you mind updating to 4.4.8 and letting me know if that resolves the issues you’re having?

If not, I’m happy to help you with determining the cause of the issue, and sorting this all out. πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thanks, I have updated the plugin and waited a couple days but some scheduled imports are still failing. When you manually import these events they work but scheduled import fails.

Hi Angie,

Just to confirm, have you exceeded your 100 imports per day by chance?

Otherwise,Β because I’m unable to replicate this issue on my testing server, this seems that it may be a theme or plugin conflict. Would you please work through the steps here to test for a conflict? This will help me be able to better assist you. πŸ™‚

Let me know if you need any clarification on this!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

We are not exceeding the 100 imports per day. Some events are being imported twice – they are exactly the same events from the same Facebook page and the same venue:
    https://latticelodge.co.uk/event/tell-me-anything/
    https://latticelodge.co.uk/event/tell-me-anything-2/
    Do you know why this is?

I am happy to test for conflicts as you suggest but i will need to set up a copy of the website in order to do this because I cannot change the theme or disable plugins on the live site, especially as I will have to wait 24 hour to check if the Facebook import is working. Can you please allow me to install the plugin on an additional website for testing?

Hi Angie,

Thanks for confirming that for me. πŸ™‚

You can follow the instructions here to set up your license on both your active and development sites. πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

This reply has been marked as private.

Thanks for the update, Angie: for one or two of the recently failed Facebook imports can you share the corresponding Facebook URL to help us do a spot of local testing?

Thanks!

Hi there Angie,

Would you try removing, “https://www.facebook.com/BriarbankBrewery/” from your imports? The page seems to not exist, Β which may be throwing a wrench in the process and causing the rest of it to error out. πŸ™‚

Let me know how this goes!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

That page does exist – I’ve just checked it. What else would you suggest? The same 20 Facebook Pages import successfully and the other 61 always fail

Hi Angie,

I’ve double-checked the page, and for some reason, I’m not able to view it:

I’m going to be checking in with Barry to see if he has any further ideas on this one, as I’m pretty stumped here.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

I am still waiting for someone to help me with this issue.

Hi Angie,

I had checked in with Barry, and thought he’d responded to you, but apparently he intended to pass the information through me – my mistake!

Here are his thoughts:

https://www.facebook.com/BriarbankBrewery/ this URL, he’s seeing the same thing as my screenshots.

He also had some questions:

• Can you confirm with her if those URLs she listed work as expected when she triggers them _manually_
    • Can you also ask her to enable debug logging via the Events > Help screen in case that catches anything that is useful to us here

If you can let me know, we’ll move this forward. And again, so sorry for the miscommunication. Your patience is VERY appreciated.

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

I found 3 Facebook page links which were invalid so I removed them from the schedule but several imports failed during the next import after I had done this.
    I have checked every single other facebook link and they all work correctly.
    I have also enabled debug.

Hi there Angie,

Just to be clear, running the imports manually (one time) works, and the automations fail? Also, now that it’s been a few days, can you give me any error data from turning on debugging? πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby

The manual imports were working but I’ve tried one today and it’s still running after over an hour and I can’t see how to cancel it.

The plugin also keeps disconnecting from Facebook so i have to contact my client (it’s his Facebook account) to reconnect.

I have had problems with this plugin ever since you changed it from the version and I started this thread 2 months ago and it still isn’t resolved. Please can you sort this out, it’s not as if it’s a free plugin, I am paying for it.
    Here is the debug file:

debug_logΒ // edited by admin

Can you offer further advice on this issue? Most of the imports are still failing.

Hi Angie,

We’ve determined that this is a larger EA issue, related to some updates to Facebook events and how they work. We’re pouring a lot of resources into trying to solve this. I’m adding your thread to the list to receive updates as we work toward solving these issues.

Thank you so much for your patience, and please know this is one of our dev team’s top priorities right now!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Hi from Berlin,

same problem over here. The scheduled imports don’t work. Can you already tell when there will be a solution since it’s one of the core features of the calendar being up to date with current events?

Thanks and best,
    Leander

Hi Leander,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you wouldn’t mind, please open a separate thread so that we can assign it to the bug ticket as well, and escalate accordingly. πŸ™‚ Once this is resolved, we will also be doing what we can with each of your licensing to make ammends here. We know it’s a huge inconvenience, and we very much appreciate your patience!!

Best,

Shelby

I am having the same sorts of problems!

1) NEITHER On Demand nor Scheduled imports working.

2) This has started about a week ago.

3) I’ve refreshed FB connection – but no change. Also I deactivated everything but no change…

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for reaching out!

As I mentioned to Leander, if you wouldn’t mind, please open a separate thread so that we can assign it to the bug ticket as well, and escalate accordingly.Β πŸ™‚Β Once this is resolved, we will also be doing what we can with each of your licensing to make ammends here. We know it’s a huge inconvenience, and we very much appreciate your patience!!

Best,

Shelby

I asked for more help over a week ago – you have updated the plugin but I am still having issues with scheduled imports, please can someone respond

Hi there Angie,

As you mention a new maintenance release is live since Thursday last week including various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

I’m sorry to hear you are still having troubles πŸ™ We are aware some setups might still need adjustments! Can you please note if there was any difference after the update?

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

No difference, mosts of the imports are still failing.
    here is the latest debug file:
    debug_logsΒ //edited by admin

Correct Answer

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Facebook imports failing’ is closed to new replies.