Facebook import feeds not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import feeds not working

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Citizen LocalMotive.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

I have written about this problem recently and you say you have acknowledged there is a bug that some of my feeds are not working, but the problem seems to be getting worse and worse and the fix is taking a long time. Our work around is now not working, so we are getting very impatient as our calendar is becoming more and more disabled.

Our work around: For those feeds that were not working we were adding the other organizer’s events to our own Facebook page and then feeding that into the calendar. But now even our own FB import is not working:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/CitizenLocalMotive/events
    Notice the April 21 Earth Day Market Ride is not on our calendar because since it was added to our page our own import stopped working.

When will you have a fix? I hope it will be soon because we seem to be dead in the water.

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Update: Our FB event import started working again. However it is not importing all the events on it. I am attaching a screenshot that shows a MT preview of events that got imported compared to events that are on our FB page. Notice three events did not get imported: two on April 21 and one on April 28.

Thank you for your assistance.

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

One by one we are going through the import feeds and finding none of them are completely working. Here is another example.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/WholeWashington/events/
    Notice their May 6 event is on our calendar, but their April 20 event is not.

All the organizations we have checked have these issues. There were ZERO new events added to our calendar today with 50 organizations’ calendars updated. I can’t believe that is possible.

We cannot advertise ourselves as a community calendar if our calendar doesn’t work. This is unacceptable. We are seriously considering returning to Timely software, which did not have trouble with its imports. MT had other strengths, but imports are central to our operation.

I would appreciate if you could give us a timeline of when we can expect this issue to be resolved. Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out again and we appreciate your feedback!

We are currently figuring things out as they continue to evolve with the Facebook Privacy Policy. For now, the best places to check in on the status of our plugin’s access to Facebook are here and here.

Unfortunately, Facebook imports are currently out of our hands and we are working on creating a solution that will work for our customers.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import feeds not working’ is closed to new replies.