facebook / google calendar greyed out

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator facebook / google calendar greyed out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Berdal
    Participant

I’m using event aggregator on a multisite network with 500+ sites. I have my API key pre-filled on the sites, but I don’t have a way to know exactly how many people are importing events.

I have one new users who has reported that on several occasions facebook and google calendar have been greyed out and he can’t select them. Then later he’ll check, or I’ll check and it will be fine.

This makes me think that maybe I’ve used up my daily import limit when he’s checking. Here are my questions:

• How can I tell if I’ve used up my daily import limit
    • Is there a log where I can see my event imports on a given day?
    • Can I hide using CSS or a php function the 30 min and hourly import schedule?

The css selectors for these options seem to be different on every site. eg on one site 30 min is: #select2-result-label-7 on another site it’s #select2-result-label-60

Courtney

Hello Daniel

We currently do not have a way from the network admin dashboard of a multisite to check on the status of their imports for a day. However, any of your single sites can do this. You might want to set up one of your own subsites for checking on this.

In a sub-site, go to Events » Help. then scroll to the bottom to view the status of your imports for that day.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Daniel Berdal
    Participant

Thanks for your response. Does it sound like my issue with greyed out
    Facebook and Google calendar is that I’ve hit my daily import limits?

There really should be a log, even if it was only available via ftp. That
    would really help network admins.

Courtney

Hi Daniel

It does seem that reaching limits is likely the issue. Can you ask sub-site admins to notify you when it is greyed out to check?

We’d love your feedback on Event Aggregator for multisites at our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

You can suggest it it http://tribe.uservoice.com.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Daniel Berdal
    Participant

I’ve upgraded my license to the 200 scheduled imports per day, and I’m still having the same issue. Facebook is greyed out, and now I’m seeing a warning that I need to upgrade.

Somehow event aggregator is keeping track of my scheduled imports, and I would like to know what the number is. Even if I can’t see which site is scheduling them I would like to know the total. It has to be in my wordpress database, or in your system somewhere?

For example, if I have 10000 daily scheduled events I would know something is wrong : ) I don’t want to keep throwing money at the problem until I know I can solve it.

Courtney

Hi Daniel

Did you try this when you noticed it greyed out:

In a sub-site, go to Events » Help. then scroll to the bottom to view the status of your imports for that day.

I am inquiring with our developers to see if there is a way to know more precisely in the case of a multisite.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Courtney

Hi Daniel

As a Network Admin, you should be able to pop into sub-sites and review the same area – Events » Help to to view the status of imports. You can also view each site’s Events » Import » History. Unfortunately, this is a tedious process. This would be true, also, if the EA license were divided among non-multisite instances.

I wish I had a better solution to offer you. Please let us know how this goes.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Daniel Berdal
    Participant

As a Network Admin, you should be able to pop into sub-sites and review the same area – Events » Help to to view the status of imports.

Ok, so I just checked on a site that has a weekly import setup and when I view the “Help” area it says 26/200 scheduled for the day.

Is that giving me a total for my API key, or is there some problem that is counting 26 daily schedules when it should only be 1 every 7 days.

If that’s the total for my API key, then I must have a separate issue going on, because this morning ( 3-4 hours ago ) I was getting the upgrade prompt again.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Daniel Berdal.
    Courtney

Hello Daniel

What time did you check? I believe the EA server “rolls over” the day allotment at midnight Pacific time.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Daniel Berdal
    Participant

Ok, so I had a chance to check at the end of the day. Right now it’s 1:00 am Central which should be 11:00pm Pacific.

I’m currently getting the prompt to upgrade my license and at the bottom of the help page it says:

• My License is Valid
    • 0 imports used out of 0 available today – You have reached your daily import limit. Scheduled imports will be paused until tomorrow.
    • Not connected to https://ea.theeventscalendar.com/ – The server is not currently responding

Do I need to upgrade my license again? The messages are not necessarily clear. I would expect it to say 200 used out of 200 available. When I checked yesterday mid morning it said 26/ 200… Also, I checked 2 other of my sites. Both said 0 out of 0 imports available. One said the server was responding, and one said it was available. That seems strange.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Daniel Berdal.
    Courtney

Hello Daniel

Could you add the following code to your child theme’s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin. This could give us a more thorough detail of what may be going on.

function tribe_aggregator_check_response_test( $systeminfo ) {
        $checker = tribe( 'events-aggregator.main' )->pue_checker;

$args = $checker->get_validate_query();
        $args['key'] = '5961a7edeb2d369e475f8d30f2aec7e38084529b';

$response = $checker->request_info( $args );
        $systeminfo[ 'aggregator-license-response' ] = print_r( $response, true );

return $systeminfo;
    }

add_filter( 'tribe-events-pro-support', 'tribe_aggregator_check_response_test' );

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Daniel Berdal
    Participant

I tried out that code on my development site. The only thing I can see is that it made “Events -> Help” be a blank page. I don’t see any errors or plugin info output anywhere.

Is this somehow making some diagnostics available to your support team?

Let me know if it’s working as expected, and if so, I’ll add it to my production site.

Courtney

Hello Daniel

yes, this will ad some troubleshooting data to the System Info that we can see on file on the live site. I’m hoping we get results this way rather than asking you to reset each of the subsite licenses. That would be rather tedious.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Daniel Berdal
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘facebook / google calendar greyed out’ is closed to new replies.