Facebook events imported multiple times

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook events imported multiple times

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rion
    Participant

“” “”

Hunter

Hey Rion,

It looks like you’re thread didn’t come through all the way. Sorry to hear about the import issues. Can you possibly send over screenshots of your Facebook Import Settings found under the Events > Import > Import Settings tab? Also include a list of the Facebook IDs you’re attempting to import. You’ll also need to review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with what you find.

I look forward to getting this resolved with you and have a great evening. Cheers!

Rion
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    I pressed “report the same bug” in response to someone else’ post about the same issue. I think that’s why it didn’t come through.

I have attached screen shots of the settings. In terms of debugging conflicts, there’s no “pull new events from Facebook Now” button. The closest thing is grab new events “hourly”. With over 15 plugins, that means that this would essentially take me fifteen hours to debug – with me having to go in and delete the duplicate and triplicate events each time.

Not sure about you guys, but I don’t have fifteen hours to debug this. I see that numerous other people are reporting the exact same issue. Is there a resolution on any of those yet?

Here’s the URL and ID (I’ve tried both with the same duplicate events resulting).

https://www.facebook.com/ltdbarandgrill/

Hunter

Welcome back,

Thank you for sending those screenshots over. Would you also be able to provide screenshots of your Facebook Import Settings found under the Events > Import > Import Settings tab? I’ll need to replicate your setup to see if I experience the same problem.

Thanks again and have a great afternoon. Cheers 🙂

Rion
    Participant

Attached

Hunter

Hey Rion,

I’m going to do a test to see if I can reproduce the events importing multiple times based on the info provided. Hang tight and I’ll update you once I learn more. Thank you for your patience and have a good evening 🙂

Rion
    Participant

Thank you

Hunter

Give it about a day or two and I’ll get back to you with my findings. I need to give it time to import a few times. Thanks again 🙂

Rion
    Participant

Sounds good. Just let me know.

Rion
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    I’m still having the same issue. I’m not sure if you’re all in the same office or not, but this thread describes the exact same problem.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-are-being-posted-twice-or-even-three-times/

Rion
    Participant

Okay, so it looks like the issue here is being set up on some kind of Linux based hosting. This site had been just been on a hosted Word Press package through GoDaddy until this morning and because you cant run cron jobs through there, it was creating this result. As soon as I moved it over to C Panel, the duplicated events stopped. You may want to put a giant red warning at the top of the plugin download section, as this was an incredibly frustrating experience.

Hunter

Hey Rion,

Thank you for the patience while I gave the importer some time to work. It looks like everything worked properly for me seeing I didn’t have any duplicate events import. I brought this thread to the attention of a few support team members and seeing CPanel runs on Linux, we’re not sure that’s the source of conflict – though we’re glad to hear your issue has been resolved!

We’re going to try and replicate the issue you described for purposes of future maintenance releases, so we truly appreciate your input and again, so glad to hear the imported events are coming through properly.

Have a great rest of your week and take care. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook events imported multiple times’ is closed to new replies.