Extra tickets being applied to order

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Extra tickets being applied to order

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

Hi,

We are having an issue where some ticket orders are having double the amount of paid for tickets being sent out to the customer.

The order completes correctly and has the correct number of tickets purchased but the attendee list and the email to the customer allocates twice as many tickets, attributed to the order and with their own unique IDs.

We have both Paypal and Stripe gateways set-up but it is only happening with some Paypal orders and only when the autocomplete code from woocommerce is used – https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/automatically-complete-orders/

I can’t find anything consistently unique amongst those orders it seems to be randomly spread through the paypal orders.

We currently have autocomplete off and are manually processing orders and haven’t had the problem since.

I’ve seen a couple of threads with similar issues but can’t find a resolution. Is this an issue that’s been resolved anywhere before?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-tickets-no-attendee-info/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-ticket-s-in-attendees-list-export/

Thanks,
    Tom

Hunter

Hey Tom,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to see you here under the circumstances. I compared what you’ve described and the links you shared with me to our bug reports and located one I believe is relevant to your situation. The bug description is as follows:

When a user adds a ticket with attendee information to the cart, then either switches to another PC or loses session information, then the ticket stays in the cart, but the attendee information is lost.

I searched each thread for “PayPal” and “Stripe” and this thread is the only one that mentions either. The user states the issue occurred with Stripe as well – so it may not be limited to PayPal.

I’ve added this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information.

I’m unfortunately not seeing any temporary workarounds in the bug report notes. You could always downgrade to the version(s) that best work for your site until our devs can get the faulty code addressed. Unfortunately, the report doesn’t mention which version(s) this issue was introduced in.

I’ll mark this thread as ‘Pending Fix‘ in the mean time and update you with any information I learn relating to this issue. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Extra tickets being applied to order’ is closed to new replies.