Duplicate Ticket #'s in Attendees list Export

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Duplicate Ticket #'s in Attendees list Export

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

Hi,

We just downloaded the the attendee’s list for a recent event and noticed that the numbers were off.

We sold 38 tickets but when we exported the attendee’s list it shows 51 tickets.

Upon closer inspection we discovered that there were multiple / duplicate ticket #’s under a few of the purchasers.

See attached screenshot.

What can we do to keep this from occurring?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Paula,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! Sorry about this issue with the tickets.

We haven’t seen this before. Could you please test if this also happens when you only have the calendar / ticket plugins active, core WooCommerce and the twentysixteen theme? This can help us eliminate any conflicting plugins. Here’s a detailed guide for that: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

If it is not possible on the live site, then please try setting it up on a development site and check if the issue exists there.

If the issue still exists with other plugins deactivated or on the dev site, then please send me the below, so I can dig a bit deeper:

• a screenshot of the attendee list on the backend as well?
    • would it be possible to send over that exported file to get a closer look?

Waiting for your results.

Cheers,
    Andras

Paula
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, Andras.

Deactivating the plugins and switching to the default theme would not be feasible with this live site and the only way, that I can think of, to test if this is a theme / plugin conflict would be to allow several live transactions to occur while the main theme and plugins are deactivated; which would also not be feasible.

If we sent over a list of plugins that we are using would you be able to point out any that would be potential culprits?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Paula,

I understand this is difficult to test on the live site. Would it be possible to replicate the site into a development / staging environment? If yes, then first it should be tested whether the issue exists there as well.

If the issue exists, then you could commence with the conflict testing.

Based on the plugins you use I would check the payment gateway – which again is difficult to test in a live environment.

Why I’m pointing at that: earlier on we have received reports of some gateways (mostly PayPal b/c of its popularity) causing some issues with tickets not appearing or transactions not being marked as completed. So that’s why the hunch.

Do you think you could set up a test environment?

Other option would be to 1) put the live site into maintenance mode with a plugin like this in a time period when there are not many visitors; 2) put the gateway in sandbox mode; 3) make some test / fake purchases. Or do the whole conflict testing.

Again, I would test first if the issue still exists when in maintenance mode, or if it was a one-of-a-kind thing.

Any of this helpful? Let me know.

Andras

Jean-Philippe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jean-Philipp,

Thanks for chiming in. If you are having the same issue could you please also run a test for conflicts and confirm it is still happening?

Also please share your sysinfo with us.

This will help us get closer to the source of the issue. So far we haven’t been able to reproduce this on a clean install, that is why it would be important for you to do the conflict test.

Thanks and cheers,

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Ticket #'s in Attendees list Export’ is closed to new replies.