Extensión PDF Tickets (cerrado anteriormente sin resolver)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Extensión PDF Tickets (cerrado anteriormente sin resolver)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hola a todos:

Tenía abierta una incidencia desde el pasado 11 de diciembre, que se ha cerrado sin que esté resuelta. Nuestra temporada de venta de entradas, comienza en breve, por lo que esta mañana he probado que funciona y sigue exactamente igual. Esto es que recibo el ticket en formato HTML y no en pdf adjunto como se espera.

La incidencia anterior es esta https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/extension-pdf-tickets/

Barry

Sorry for the delay, Antonio. Unfortunately we lost track of this question.

In my initial testing it does seem to be working as expected and the ticket email contains PDF attachments. I’m conscious that I’m not conversing directly in your own language, though, so I’d like to check that this is indeed the problem in your case first of all.

Perdón por el retraso, Antonio.

En mis pruebas iniciales parece que funciona como se esperaba y el correo electrónico de entrada contiene archivos adjuntos PDF. Estoy consciente de que no estoy conversando directamente en su propio idioma, sin embargo, así que me gustaría comprobar que este es, de hecho, el problema en su caso en primer lugar.

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hello Barry:

I have tried it again and I do not receive the pdf file, I receive the ticket in html format inside the e-mail itself.

Regards,

Barry

Gotcha. You should indeed receive the regular HTML ticket email — but with the extension enabled, it ought to be accompanied by attachments, too.

Are you able to peek inside your wp-content/uploads directory and can you check if there are any .pdf files in there, with this sort of file format: tribe_tickets_[RANDOM].pdf

If you do not see any then it might suggest that the extension cannot run in your environment or that it is not able to write to the uploads directory (which would effectively prevent it from attaching the PDFs).

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hi Barry:

The pdf files are being generated correctly, but they are not attached to the e-mail. https://pueblosblancos.soy/wp-content/uploads/tribe_tickets_5ac481935dab6577714131.pdf

For testing, I have deleted and installed the plugin again, but it has not been useful.

regards
    Antonio Ortiz

Barry

OK, well I guess there are a number of possibilities.

One is that there is a bug in our extension, however it works as expected when I test it and I receive the PDF attachments.

Another is that another plugin on your site (I see you have ‘must use’ security plugins in place, for example) is interfering and preventing them from being attached. A third is that there is a configuration issue or over-zealous safeguards in place with your email provider.

In this case, I do suspect one of the latter options: I followed up on my previous tests by creating a fresh demo site via poopy.life (despite the name, an excellent service provided by wpsandbox.io) and added the latest versions of the PDF extension, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, WooCommerce and an SMTP plugin which I configured to use a test email account.

I ran through a few test purchases and the PDF attachments came through on each occasion. Here is a screenshot from an outlook.com email account, you can see I’ve opened one of the PDF attachments and the others are listed on the right:

With this in mind, I’d recommend testing for conflicts by deactivating all but the minimal set of plugins I detailed above (in my own testing) and seeing if this resolves the problem. You could also work with your host to establish if there is a problem (or restrictions) when it comes to actually dispatching the emails.

Again, so far as I can determine, there’s no clear problem with the extension and this seems specific to your own installation, I’m afraid.

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hello Barry:

I will continue with your instructions, to see if we solve the problem.

However I wanted to inform you, that Jennifer told me “we had some other users who also reported that they are not receiving the attached PDFs” and also said “The developer of this extension is investigating the cause of this problem. When we have an update, we will let you know. ”

Regards,
    Antonio Ortiz

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hello Barry:

I have disabled all the plugins, except for the event calendar, and I have continued with the same problem. I receive the e-mails without attaching the pdf file, in the e-mail that I receive, nor does it appear any link to download it.

I’m going to try to configure an SMTP plugin to see if this solves it. Although until December, I had always worked correctly.

Regards,
    Antonio Ortiz

Barry

We do have a bug ticket open that relates to this being a problem with paid tickets specifically, that’s true (though Jennifer could not replicate previously and I cannot replicate now). I’ll attach this conversation to the bug ticket and set it to “Pending Fix” while we wait on more work being done there.

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hi:
    I have verified that the configuration of the e-mail in the server is correct, I have also configured an SMTP plugin and it has not helped. It also does not work to forward them from WP. I’m desperate, because it’s horrible to have to be sending PDFs manually.

I hope you enjoy a good weekend.
    Regards,
    Antonio Ortiz

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

This reply is private.

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks: I’ve added a note to the bug ticket to review what you’ve gathered 🙂

We’ll see what we can uncover (though, please also understand there may be a delay as extensions are optional extras that are not quite as high a priority for us as our core plugins).

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hi Barry:

Sorry to insist, but I need to find some solution. I have reviewed the forums and other users also announced the incident for a few months, but they mark the consultations as private and I do not know if they could solve it. Would there be a way to include a link to the pdf in the e-mail? This would solve the problem until a solution is found.

Regards,
    Antonio Ortiz

Barry

Though I understand that this may be frustrating, please do remember that extensions are optional extras. We hope they’ll be useful, but we can’t commit to supporting them to the same degree as our core or premium plugins.

Note that even for our core offerings we can’t always assist with custom dev requests – so this is especially true in this case. If you are in a hurry, I’d recommend reaching out to a suitable third party developer (please see this resource) as they may be able to help you make this change.

We’d love to help if we can, though, and so I’ll add this to our custom dev request queue: if we have space to help further we will – but I’m afraid I can’t guarantee it or commit to a timeline.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Extensión PDF Tickets (cerrado anteriormente sin resolver)’ is closed to new replies.