Exporting ticket attendee & custom field data to a SaaS platform.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Exporting ticket attendee & custom field data to a SaaS platform.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Plumstead
    Participant

Hello,

I have previously been using Eventbrite for event/ticket management which allowed me to import all individual ticket/attendee data into Drip, the Email Service Provider I use.

The trigger I used within Drip was “Received a ticket”. As it implies, I can then base automation workflows off any time a ticket was received. I chose this over “when a ticket was purchased” because as we all know, often the purchaser /= the attendee. And in many cases, the purchaser buys for multiple attendees. By having a trigger fire when a ticket is received, I can account for all attendees.

Screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/f6hTZyHO4wzi

I’ll be wetting up ET+ with WooCommerce and I will be using the WooCommerce Drip extension. I just don’t know that all attendees and their info, including emails (important for an ESP) and custom fields can make it from ET+, through WC, into Drip.

Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by David Plumstead.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Jennifer.
    David Plumstead
    Participant

In this ticket, I learned about the wootickets-send-tickets-email action

“that fires when the emails for tickets purchased through WooCommerce are dispatched.”

My follow-up question is: does that fire / is an email sent to every ticket recipient (even in situations where one purchaser buys for multiple people – assuming I set up a required email field for each recipient)?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me try to help you with this topic.

I’m not really sure how the WooCommerce Drip extension works, but I don’t think the attendees information for a ticket will be available by default in Drip whatsoever.

It is most likely that you will need to create some customization to achieve what you are looking for.

My follow-up question is: does that fire / is an email sent to every ticket recipient (even in situations where one purchaser buys for multiple people – assuming I set up a required email field for each recipient)?

No, the ticket email is only sent to the ticket purchaser, even if you create a required additional attendee email field for each ticket.

Possibly related to what you are trying to accomplish, we have an extension that you might want to have a look, that adds the event and attendee information to the WooCommerce order details > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/add-event-and-attendee-information-to-woocommerce-order-details/

I hope that helps 🙂

Best,
    Victor

David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info and the extension – I will definitely use that.

So if someone is registering on behalf of someone else, the registrant is the only recipient and they are expected to forward ticket information to everyone they have registered for?

This might get cumbersome as we have some organizations where one individual registers for all attending staff. I’m sure we can’t be the first to face a situation like that. Any ideas or best practices for handling this with ET+?

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler!

Thanks for following up with this.

Glad to know the extension is of help 🙂

Unfortunately, the tickets email is only sent to the purchaser and not to each attendee. Again, it may be possible to achieve what you are looking for with some custom coding.

You could send a copy of the tickets email to each attendee. Let me share with you the following snippet you can take as reference and perhaps modify it to accomplish that:

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/c807167bd0a89a13af7f9ad8d351d184

Hope it helps

Best,
    Victor

David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks.

You mention “ticketS” Does the purchaser get a single ticket with some sort of quantity on it or are there in fact multiple tickets that can be individually forwarded?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler,

Yes, the tickets email contains one ticket for each attendee. You can test the email out using the free version of Event Tickets.

If you use Event Tickets Plus a QR code will be added to each of the tickets so you can check-in your attendees with it > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-qr-codes-event-tickets-plus/

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Exporting ticket attendee & custom field data to a SaaS platform.’ is closed to new replies.