Exclusion date not working correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Exclusion date not working correctly

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

Hi,
    A belated follow up to the thread below (my apologies for not replying last time), the problem is still occurring
    the exclusion date excludes the wrong day – i assume it’s something to do with time zone
    example
    an event at 8pm everyday from 21 Aug-8 Sept except 5 sept
    however if add an exclusion date 5 sept, it excludes the 4 sept from calendar
    so to exclude 6 sept, must set exclude date as 7 sept

Screen shot of event setting and of displayed event
    the 12 jan is set to be excluded, but on the display the 11 is excluded. if i change exclude to 13 jan then 12 is excluded in public view. Same as previously raised problem

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-event-exclusion-issue/

Hunter

Hey Simon,

Welcome back. If you wouldn’t mind, send over screenshots of your WordPress and Events Calendar timezone settings and I’d be happy to try and replicate the problem. Also, what do you have set for ‘End of day cutoff’ under Events > Settings > General? (see screenshot below)

Lastly, I always like to check you’ve reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide to make sure a theme/plugin conflict isn’t occurring. Keep me posted and have a great evening. Cheers!

simon
    Participant

Dear Hunter
    Thank you for your reply
    Attached are the various screen shots as requested.

i have also tested it with a brand new clean test site (with identical configuration to bc) running the new beta version from the aggregator test – only plug-ins was events pro and aggregator – exactly the same problem date exclusion problem.

Cheers

Simon

simon
    Participant

Dear Hunter,
    Here’s a quirk…
    the jay chou concert is obviously in the database, can see the events in the previous screen shots.
    but it’s not in the month view http://www.bcmagazine.net/bc/events/month/?tribe-bar-date=2017-01-09
    but it is in the week view http://www.bcmagazine.net/bc/events/week/2017-01-09/
    and in the day view http://www.bcmagazine.net/bc/events/2017-01-09/

and i have removed the exclusion day just to check if it was that

have to admit this is not something i’ve ever noticed or checked before – i check the view event and the see all, but never that the event appears in the month/week/day views. just assume it does – but obviously not.

Hunter

Simon,

Thank you for your patience. I did some testing and can confirm I experienced similar behaviors, but I’m going to need a little more time to try and narrow down the exact source of conflict. I’ll report back to this thread with more information once I’ve finished up my testing.

Thanks again you for your patience and detailed responses as they’ve been extremely helpful. Stay tuned and have a great Wednesday. Cheers!

simon
    Participant

Thanks Hunter
    it’s not a difficult thing to work around just means creating extra events

with the event not appearing in the month view, do you want me to create a new thread?

simon
    Participant

Dear Hunter
    Any feedback on this problem?

Hunter

Hey Simon,

Thank you so much for the patience while I spent more time investigating the issue. I was unfortunately unable to reproduce the event not displaying in month view. (see screenshot below)

As you can see, I was able to reproduce the exclusion occurring on the incorrect date. I tested in my local timezone (UTC-7), so this leads me to believe the exclusion issue is not restricted to your timezone.

I’m really not sure as to why this is occurring and am not seeing any logged bugs resembling the behavior we’ve both experienced. With that said, I’ve gone ahead and logged a bug for the developers to address in an upcoming maintenance release. I don’t have a viable solution nor a concrete date when the fix will be released, but please keep your eyes on our release notes for info.

Thank you again for the patience while we investigated the issue and please let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. Have a great evening. Cheers 🙂

simon
    Participant

Any news on when the exclusion bug will be fixed? or is to related to the timezone bug?

Hunter

Simon,

The timezone bug I believe you’re referring to is unrelated to your issue. As previously mentioned, I unfortunately don’t have a date when fixes will be addressed, but the bug report has been filed and is making its way through the development process. We’ll keep you posted via our Release Notes with feature and maintenance updates.

My apologies I don’t have anything new for you at this time and have a great Monday. Cheers 🙂

simon
    Participant

Dear Hunter,

Thank you for the progress update.

Good to know that the two bugs are separate.

Regards

Simon

Hunter

Simon,

I’ll mark this thread as ‘Pending Fix’ – which we typically update with info relative to your issue it develops. Thanks again 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Simon!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which this issue is no longer present.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/

We apologize for the long delay in notifying you.

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Exclusion date not working correctly’ is closed to new replies.