Events ticket forms are not showing fieldsets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events ticket forms are not showing fieldsets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DAVID
    Participant

Actually I think this might be a bigger issue with the fact that woocommerce is not cooperating very well with event tickets Plus. When I click add to cart on the event it takes me to the cart page where I am told that the basket is empty. Then click on the go to shop link and I go to my shop page where I am able to buy the ticket from the law commerce shop as a product. I and not able to directly add a ticket to my basket. I have noticed this problem on two of the sites which I administer. Happy to provide URL for each. Thanks for your support.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/attendee-ticket-fieldsets-not-showing-up-or-are-in-emails/

Geoff B.

Good evening David and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you have faced with tickets so far.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that under normal circumstances Event Tickets Plus should work smoothly with WooCommerce. So let’s find out why that is not the case for you so far.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, by the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

machedon
    Participant

Hello,

I have or better said had the same issue.
    First, when testing the new Event Tickets Plus add-on that I purchased nothing was placed in the basket + the extra fields weren’t showing.
    I am running a multilanguage site but on the same domain so I realized that during this test it was showing the wrong currency. I switched the currency in the Woocommerce settings and tried again. The problem I am facing is that now, nothing is showing from what this add-on should do.

So I need some help because I don’t know what to do. My site is in coming soon mode and I want to finish the event part and put it live. Now this is holding me back. Highly appreciated.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon @machedon,

Thank you for chiming in.

I would highly recommend opening up a separate ticket for you issue to ensure we keep focus on David’s issues and that you receive the appropriate level of care and attention on your specific issue.

In the meantime, please know that we officially do not support Event Tickets Plus with multi-language sites: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

This feature is scheduled to be release later this year. Initially we planned for spring, but there was some pushback.

In the meantime, you could get it to partially work, but this is unsupported.

To achieve that, you will need:

1. WooCommerce multilingual
    2. Some manual intervention

After creating the ticket AND saving the event, head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

1. Clearing WPML cache
    2. Using the button that forces language assignment to items (which is what is creating the issue). This can also be accomplished by deactivating and reactivating WPML.

Your ticket will now magically appear.

The only downside is that the tickets you create in other languages are not really translations of the initial ticket. They are completely independent new tickets.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

machedon
    Participant

Thanks Geoff for your answer.

I don’t have a problem if the tickets are not being translated, I only need them in English, so that’s fine.
    I did all that and still nothing.
    How do I contact you for direct support?

Geoff B.

Good evening @machedon,

Thank you for writing back.
    I am sorry this did not work out for you, even while using the WooCommerce multilingual plugin.

As pointed out, this method is not officially supported yet, but several of our customers have had success with it.

I am afraid this is all the guidance I can provide on this issue.

How do I contact you for direct support?

The best and only way to contact us for support is through our premium forums: https://theeventscalendar.com/support-forums/

We always recommend opening your own thread to keep things nice, tidy and efficient.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events ticket forms are not showing fieldsets’ is closed to new replies.