Events Suddenly Stopped Showing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Suddenly Stopped Showing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Our org is running The Events Calendar 3.8.1 + The Events Calendar Pro 3.8.1 . Everything has been running pretty smoothly then recently no events are showing up in the calendar. Nothing has changed on the site (no core updates, no plugin changes). There is a message at the top of the admin Event screen:

You are using The Events Calendar PRO but your license key is expired. Visit the Events Calendar website to renew your license. You’ll need to renew your license in order to have access to updates, downloads, and support.

Would an expired license keep PRO from working as it always has?

Dozier
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

We’re having the same issue (oddly on the same day). Our events disappeared. I’m curious if you found any clues.

Andrew

After installing the debug_bar plug-in, I’m getting the following WordPress database error:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘%5$s ) AND ( (tribe_event_start.meta_value >= ‘%3$s’ AND tribe_event_sta’ at line 9]
    SELECT tribe_event_start.post_id as ID, tribe_event_start.meta_value as EventStartDate, DATE_FORMAT( tribe_event_end_date.meta_value, ‘%1$s’) as EventEndDate, wp_posts.menu_order as menu_order FROM wp_postmeta AS tribe_event_start LEFT JOIN wp_posts ON (tribe_event_start.post_id = wp_posts.ID) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( tribe_event_start.post_id = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE tribe_event_start.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ AND tribe_event_start.post_id IN ( %5$s ) AND ( (tribe_event_start.meta_value >= ‘%3$s’ AND tribe_event_start.meta_value <= ‘%4$s’) OR (tribe_event_start.meta_value <= ‘%3$s’ AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_value >= ‘%3$s’) OR ( tribe_event_start.meta_value >= ‘%3$s’ AND tribe_event_start.meta_value <= ‘%4$s’) ) ORDER BY menu_order ASC, DATE(tribe_event_start.meta_value) ASC, TIME(tribe_event_start.meta_value) ASC;

Why I’m suddenly getting this error, I have no clue.

Frank Kremer
    Participant

I have the same issue. According to their own FAQ it should all still work: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/expired-licenses/

If my plugin license expires, will my calendar stop working?

Our plugins will continue to work even if the license has expired. You will not lose any data or events. However, you will not be able to download new updates, which means you won’t get new features or bug fixes. You also won’t be able to post in our premium support forums to get help.

If you decide not to renew a license and are still using the plugin, you’ll want to avoid updating our core plugin (The Events Calendar) so that the versions stay compatible. Running mismatched plugins can cause problems with functionality.

Same issue here, happened on the same day! Renewed my license and still the same problem!!

Frank Kremer
    Participant

It seems to be an issue with the latest update of WordPress. See response here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/monthly-calendar-not-displaying-events/

Caroline

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here–I’m so sorry for the trouble here. We received multiple reports of problem relating to the display of events in Month View for users updating to WordPress version 4.8.2. This issue is thought to impact all previous versions of The Events Calendar and was addressed in a hotfix on Tuesday. We strongly recommend that all users update to the latest available version of The Events Calendar as soon as possible:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

Users of previous versions of The Events Calendar who do not wish to upgrade are encouraged to downgrade to a known good version of WordPress or use an alternative view for displaying events, such as List View.

If you should continue to experience issues after upgrading to the latest version of The Events Calendar, we encourage you to open a new thread with the details of your problem and any troubleshooting steps that you’ve attempted! Users can receive technical support at either of the following locations:

I hope that helps to get you on your way! 🙂 Thanks again, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you should have any other questions!

Andrew

Hi Caroline,

Your explanation doesn’t make sense to me. Our site hasn’t made any changes. We’ve been running The Events Calendar + Pro 3.8.1, and WordPress version 4.6.7, for some time, and we haven’t made any plug-in changes, yet we’re experiencing the same problems not being able to view the monthly calendar that people who have upgraded to WordPress 4.8.2 are having. Can you explain to me how this can occur when no programs have been updated?

Andrew

Caroline

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for following up! As WordPress 4.8.2 introduces a number of critical security fixes to the WordPress platform, updates from this version number were also pushed to a number of older WordPress versions, including version 4.6.7. This list includes all WordPress versions that we know to have received updates this week, though there may be others that are not listed.

Users on all WordPress versions are encouraged to update The Events Calendar, especially if your version number is among those listed above.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions or concerns here! 🙂

Andrew
    Caroline

Hi Andrew,

Great link–thanks for sharing it! Hopefully these resources (along with the above list) provide you with enough information to move forward here. That said, let us know if you should have any other questions or concerns! We’re more than glad to assist. 🙂

Cheers, and thanks again for reaching out!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Suddenly Stopped Showing’ is closed to new replies.