Events page switching between photo and day view issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events page switching between photo and day view issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pau
    Participant

Dear TECPRO,

On my main events page

When you switch from Photo View to Day View, it shows the date of the day, obviously. BUT when switching back to either Photo View or Map View, instead of coming back (on the header) to Upcoming Events, it shows a period of time (presumably from the 1st to the last current events).

Would it be possible that when switching to Photo View it reverts back to Upcoming Events, instead of a period of time

Try it here http://spainculturescience.co.uk/events/

Hunter

Hi Pau,

Welcome back! I see you’re running versions 4.3.1.1 for both TEC and PRO. Can you please update to the latest versions available and also review our Testing for conflicts guide? Once we can eliminate the potential for a theme and/or plugin conflict, we can continue investigating.

Thank you and have a wonderful rest of the day. Cheers!

Pau
    Participant

Hi Hunter, I didn’t want to update the plugins (yet) as the last time it changed all my configuration/s

Anyway, this is not an incompatibility due to update, check this other page of mine http://chatspalace.com/events/, which ass all up-to-date and does the same behavior

On the Photo View landing page, on the header title says ‘Upcoming Events’; then when switching to Day View, it gives, normally, the day date

But if we switch back to Photo View does not reverse to a ‘Upcoming Events’, but a ‘strange for the user’ data period, say “EVENTS FOR WED 7 DEC – FRI 20 JAN 2017”, depending on the events list of course.

So, it looks like an average behaviour for TECPRO; the question is why and how to avoid it

Does that make sense?

In fact, it happens here too: http://wpshindig.com/events/photo/

Many thanks

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for the update. The behavior you’ve described isn’t necessarily a bug. After some discussion with other team members, we’ve concluded that when you navigate from one view to another, then back to the original view, you’re not actually being taken to the main events page (which has the ‘Upcoming Events’ title). Instead, you are taken to a view which includes a date range in the URL, thus the page title text changes to display a date range of events seen on the current view.

I unfortunately do not have a workaround for you at this time, but if it’s something you’d like altered/adjusted, the best routes to do so would be to a) visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submit it as a feature request and/or b) make the customizations yourself or hire a developer to further assist. We have a list of customizers that can help out.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you at this time and please let me know if you have any more questions on the matter. Have a pleasant rest of your day. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events page switching between photo and day view issues’ is closed to new replies.