events not showing in week view on mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO events not showing in week view on mobile

• This topic has 20 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Thomas.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi

I have an events calendar, generated by the short code [tribe_events view=”week” tribe-bar=”falseβ€œ]. It looks as expected on a large screen. However, on mobile the calendar is shown empty and the events are shown in list view below the calendar instead.

I have tried this on Android, but the same behavior can be observed when using Google Chrome on desktop and switching to mobile size in the inspector (and reload).

Thanks and regards
    Thomas

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Happy to do what I can to help out here! πŸ™‚

I did some testing, and I wasn’t able to replicate the issue in my testing environment. I see you only have The Events Calendar and PRO installed and that you’re using Twenty-Sixteen theme, so there shouldn’t be any conflicts. This may be a bug.

I have a couple of things I need from you to be of further assistance here:

1. Could you try switching to Twenty-Seventeen and see if the issue persists?
    2. If you go into, “Events > Settings > Display” what are your selections for “Default view” and “Default mobile view” ?

Let me know, and we’ll get this sorted out. πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Shelby

Thank you for helping me with this problem!

I installed the Twenty Seventeen theme and the problem persists.

I attach screenshots of some of the Events calendar settings that I use. Unfortunately, I have a german WordPress version installed. I guess that in english the settings are called something like:
    – Default view: β€žListβ€œ
    – Default mobile view: β€žStandard viewβ€œ

I you need more information, just let me know.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Could you try changing your settings to:

Default view: “Week”

Default mobile view: “Day”

Let me know if that resolves the issue?

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Shelby

Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to change anything.

Best,
    Thomas

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for trying that out for me.

Because I’m not able to replicate this with the default theme in my testing environment, I want to see what the discrepancies are between our set ups. Could you please share your system information with me (you can follow this guide to do so)?

That will help me better determine what might be the underlying cause of this issue. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas
    Participant

HI

I have switched on ‘automatic sharing’.

Best,
    Thomas

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there Thomas,

For some reason, the automatic sharing isn’t giving me any information about your server, memory limits, etc., but only your WP version and your theme.

Could you possibly copy and paste it for me so I can have that info? You can tick the “set as private reply” option if you’d like that data to remain between us. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Shelby

Here is the problem: I have a single site license that is used on a live site, on which I cannot turn off the theme and all other plugins. The site that you are looking at is thus a copy of the live site that is indeed slightly outdated. In order to be able to update the plugin on that site, I would need another license.

However, it will not really solve the issue, since I also have a localhost installation with the latest version of the plugins (Events Calendar 4.5.2.1 and Events Calendar 4.4.8) that shows exactly the same problem.

Still, I will update the plugins if you can give me an additional temporary license.

Regards,
    Thomas

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

You should be able to delete the plugin version you currently have via FTP, and re-download the latest version in your account area to install it on your demo site, which won’t require a license key. You’ll get a message about an invalid key, but you can ignore it. πŸ™‚

I just need your site to be up to date so that any solutions we come up with will work with the latest plugin version. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas
    Participant

Hi

Okay, I have updated the plugins (Events Manager 4.5.2.1, Events Manager Pro 4.4.8).

Regards
    Thomas

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

I see that you’ve switched to the Twenty-Seventeen theme. Could you please set your theme to a 1 column layout instead of two so that I can troubleshoot the differences between the full width layout and mobile layouts please? πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Shelby

I have switched to one column layout.

Regards
    Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘events not showing in week view on mobile’ is closed to new replies.