Events not saving

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Events not saving

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    katecooteltd
    Participant

My client emailed me that event organisers were unable to add their events. Having looked into this further l noticed the following:
    When organisers enter events and then submit they get a warning to add organiser despite this field having content.
    When I try and add/edit content to Events>Display>Advanced Template Settings it refuses to save that content correctly. It redisplays deleted content which might or might not carry through to the web page. I have checked cache and used another browser to confirm results. Additionally I have used WP optimise to remove transients and clean up database.
    Test pages outside the Events plugin save and delete without leaving a legacy.
    Thanks in advance.
    Colin

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing these issues.

When you say “that event organisers were unable to add their events”, are you referring to the Community Events front-end form or are users trying to edit/create Events via wp-admin’s post editor?

===

Here are some general troubleshooting steps that may help:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please share your System Information. That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

katecooteltd
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem relates to entering content via the Community Events front-end form. http://marlborough4fun.co.nz/events/community/add/

I have the latest version of all software, I’ve deactivated plugins etc. This site has been working fine for the last year.

Cliff

By default, the Organizer field isn’t required to submit an event via the Community Events front-end form.

Therefore, I’m guessing you have some customization in place to try to validate that an Organizer is chosen before submitting, and it’s possible that customization needs to be updated for the latest version.

I hope this leads you toward your solution. Let me know how it turns out.

katecooteltd
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you cast your knowledgeable eyes over the code below and see if there is a problem I’m missing. I had a similar is a year ago that occurred after an update. The issue was resolved following another update.The code was taken 2 years ago from here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/

//* Community form compulsory fields
    add_filter( ‘tribe_events_community_required_fields’, ‘my_community_required_fields’, 8, 1 );

function my_community_required_fields( $fields ) {
    $fields = array(
    ‘post_title’,
    ‘post_content’,
    ‘event_image’,
    ‘EventStartDate’,
    ‘venue’,
    ‘organizer’,

);
    return $fields;
    }

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by katecooteltd.
    Cliff

That code looks fine.

It looks like the default from that Knowledgebase article except for the Priority of 8 instead of 10, which I’m guessing works just the same.

As such, please try commenting out that code to see if it’s the cause of your issue, and, if it is, please follow the Testing for Conflicts Guide (linked in a previous reply) and see if you can discover any other conflict that may be going on.

Please let me know what you find out.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not saving’ is closed to new replies.