EVENTS NOT APPEARING

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO EVENTS NOT APPEARING

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Ron!

Generally it is best to create new topics for each individual problem or question: it helps us to serve all our customers fairly and also makes it much easier to manage and address individual topics. That said, let me try and answer a few of your questions up front — I would ask though that you post any follow ups in fresh topics and in the relevant forums 🙂

Regarding the login requirement for frontend submissions, yes exactly: if you do not wish to force users to login before submitting events, please enable anonymous submissions.

With regards to CAPTCHA, I can’t really supply any insights into whether you previously used CAPTCHA or not, but the capability is certainly there if you want to take advantage of it. In fact, if you allow anonymous submissions, I’d highly recommend its use.

Last but not least, the options in the Events → Settings → Community → Access Control area are there to let you block certain levels of users from the admin environment if you want to: some site administrators feel more comfortable with this in place.

WordPress is built with security in mind, however, and so long as you are judicious in the sort of user accounts you set up for people there is no particular need to use these (and, in fact, if your users generally will not even be asked to login you may need it at all).

A safe starting point you or your admin can start with and tweak if needed, though, would be something like:

• Block access to WordPress dashboard [check]
    • Roles to block [subscriber]
    • Redirect URL [default – ie, leave blank]

I hope that helps and – last but not least – I’ll leave you with a few links that might be useful references for you 🙂

Good luck and – if you need more help – we’re here to help (though, creating new topics is appreciated) – thanks!

designapplause
    Participant

THE EVENTS MISSING issue seems to be identified and fixed. thank you. a new CAPTCHA ISSUE: CAN’T RETAIN API KEYS AND ANONYMOUS USERS is in a new thread.

Barry

Excellent, glad to hear that issue is resolved and one of the team will be only too happy to help further in the new forum topic you created 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘EVENTS NOT APPEARING’ is closed to new replies.