Events Display Not Being Contained and bleeding over into other elements

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Display Not Being Contained and bleeding over into other elements

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mshane
    Participant

Hello –

I have a full width page and a container with 4 separate 1/4 containers lined horizontally. *see image. When I insert the link to get an event to display on the front end of the site the events do not stay contained within the containers and bleed into the adjoining container. *see images.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Just wanted to let you know that we are dealing with a high volume of threads at the moment and it may take us more than usual to get back to you.

In the meantime, please make sure you have gone through our Testing for Conflicts Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know if any difference under those conditions.

Also please provide as much information about the issue as possible and share links and screenshots so we can have as reference.

Finally, don’t forget to share your complete system information information by following the steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

We appreciate your patience while we slowly get back to normal response times.

Best,
    Victor

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support. To troubleshoot this, has there been an added css to your theme? Our plugin works in Avada so that is what I am thinking may be the issue.

Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Brendan

mshane
    Participant

Hey Brendan –

So it looks like what happens is that when the link to the event is placed inside a text block it creates an iframe with the embedded content. Seems like the width of the iframe element is fixed at 600px and when this size is reduced then it eliminates the elements bleeding over. Its not a style that exists in the child theme css file. Its an inline element style which seems to be created by the plugin when you insert the link into a text block.

Let me know if I am on the right track or that makes sense.

Thanks!

matt

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by mshane.
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Can you paste how you have the code for that page? Just go to text editor and lets see what you are dealing with.

Thanks,
    Brendan

mshane
    Participant

There is no specific code added. I simply have the visual editor in WP open and in the editor I copy the event URL and the plugin saves the URL and displays it on the front end as shown. Its in your documentation.

mshane
    Participant

Can I please get an update on this ticket? Wondering if I am doing something wrong in the implementation.

Thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Sorry, had to get a copy of Avada. I added the same way you did and got the same results so not sure its supported this way. Have you tried adding shortcodes or by the Avada fusion element of Events?

Thanks,
    Brendan

mshane
    Participant

Hey Branden –

I don’t follow. What do you mean supported in this way? It is in your documentation as a working feature in the Calendar plugin. So are you saying it doesn’t work.

I don’t care how I get the desired display – whether its through an Avada element or a shortcode. But the only way I have found to get the desired presentation from your documentation is by inserting the URL directly into a text block. I can’t get the same display from the Avada Fusion builder element OR a shortcode.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I will let the devs know this is happening. In the mean time you can add this in your custom css

.fusion-text iframe {
    width: 280px;
    }

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Brendan

mshane
    Participant

you go it. thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Just checking in to see if that code worked for you in the mean time?

Thanks,
    Brendan

mshane
    Participant

worked thanks! thought I mentioned that in prior response but apparently forgot to close the ticket.

Thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

No worries!

Thanks for the update.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Display Not Being Contained and bleeding over into other elements’ is closed to new replies.