Events Calendar problem after updating to Visual Composer 5.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar problem after updating to Visual Composer 5.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel
    Participant

Today I have updated from Visual Compuser 5.0 to 5.1
    Now I cant edit any of my pages.
    Trying to edit any of them ( /wp-admin/post.php?post=12310&action=edit ) I am getting this Events Calendar error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘& ‘ not found in /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Admin/Bar/Admin_Bar.php:39 Stack trace: #0 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Admin/Bar/Admin_Bar.php(26): Tribe__Events__Admin__Bar__Admin_Bar->__construct() #1 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php(3975): Tribe__Events__Admin__Bar__Admin_Bar::instance() #2 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Tribe__Events__Main->add_toolbar_items(”) #3 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #4 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-includes/admin-bar.php(90): do_action(‘wp_before_admin…’) #6 /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrer in /home/optimjg6/public_html/guerrerosmedellinv1/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Admin/Bar/Admin_Bar.php on line 39

If I disable The Events Calendar plugin, I can edit pages. But I need this plugin active.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Gabriel
    Participant

My site is using PHP 7.1

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

Sorry to see you’re having troubles with Visual Composer. We’re fairly limited when it comes to conflicts with custom themes and plugins by other authors. I know Visual Composer is a very popular plugin, so we have a feature report logged and are currently discussing whether or not we want to officially support conflicts with Visual Composer. Please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article for more information on the matter.

This unfortunately means at this time there is not much I can do. I’d start by reviewing the Testing for conflicts guide to narrow down the exact source of conflict. I’ll also provide some other resources which help with the troubleshooting process:

Our Favorite Developer Plugins
    • Handy WordPress Web Developer Extensions & Tools

Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page and in your error log as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply. I’ll then see if your findings lead me to a possible solution/workaround.

I’d also try searching our forums in addition to general web searches to see if you can find any more info on the conflict and again, hopefully find a solution. I’m unsure of Visual Composer’s support policy, but it might be worth reaching out to them over.

I’ve included this thread to the feature report we have logged which the developers will review when discussing the matter. I don’t have any timeline when this feature can be expected in a future release, but I’ll gladly update you here if/when that time comes.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you and best of luck. Cheers!

Gabriel
    Participant

ok.. You tell me search in other places and plugins..
    Well.. As I told you I’m sure the only problem is “The Events Calendar” plugin. If I disable it all works again.
    Thanks anyway!

Hunter

We just like to be 100% certain of the cause of conflict before going too in-depth, so thanks for confirming the conflict is between TEC and VC. Would you mind sending your System Information as a private reply?

As previously mentioned, any errors you experience while testing will be useful to the devs as they review each thread related to the report. As also previously mentioned, I’ve included this thread to the logged report and at this point there’s unfortunately not much more I can do at this time. You could downgrade to the version that works best for you.

Our apologies we can’t do more at the moment and best of luck getting the two plugins to play nicely. Cheers 🙂

Gabriel
    Participant

Sorryyy. Sorry… Making some tests in our site we have working The Visual Compuser 5.1 and The Events Calendar.
    The problem was that we upgraded our site to PHP 7.1. This was the problem.
    Now we have downgrade to PHP 5.6 and all is working fine!
    Sorry for my error and thanks!

Hunter

My pleasure and I’m happy to hear things are working again. I’ll close this thread out but feel free to create a new one if you have any more questions or concerns. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar problem after updating to Visual Composer 5.1’ is closed to new replies.