Events Calendar Pro hideously slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro hideously slow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mike Thies
    Participant

http://globalwe.wpengine.com

I have deactivated other plugins with no improvement on speed. It is taking over 25 seconds to load the site, and 18 to go from an event on the front page to the single event page.

I’ve implemented WP Smush, Autoptimizer, CDN and nothing is making a dent on the speed. We’re on WPEngine and they’re awesome and say the server is running fast and there’s nothing at their end they can find.

All of the other pages – edit profile, forums etc. load super fast… but wherever the Events Calendar is: dead on arrival. It literally times out upon occasion.

Please help! Thank you.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for emailing support and I apologize for the performance issues. When I run your events page in pingdom to speed test, it actually shows its loading quite fast and when I go to the page it loads instantly. Has this issue been resolved?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Mike Thies
    Participant

Hi – still no speed improvement when clicking on an individual listing title on http://globalwe.wpengine.com/events-ecp/ – takes 20+ seconds to load single event page.

Mike Thies
    Participant

Even worse now, and getting 502 error. Have now minified css and js as well, with no improvement and worse load times. The search bar by city works very fast – it’s the switching between pages that takes all the time.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Mike Thies. Reason: additional information on specifics around load times
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Ok I see now and yes its extremely slow to load individual events which is really strange.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any PHP errors you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Thanks,
    Brendan

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

Any idea of how long I have to leave the site like this? Thanks…

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay!. I want to take a look at the queries to see what is causing this issue. Can you install Query Monitor

After that is installed, run this in the testing conflicts mode and let me know if finds any warnings or areas of attention. You can add a screenshot of the results.

This will help us narrow down where hopefully the slowness is coming from since its not apparent on pingdom.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

Any update? We have a team waiting on the issue’s solution and are really hoping this is not going to be a week long delay due to the holidays; we still have everything turned off for troubleshooting purposes…

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

We will be here expect Christmas day and the weekend. That being said, the part I need is the docx file. Can you zip it and send it that way?

Thanks,

Bredan

Mike Thies
    Participant

Here are the docs, thanks

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. Looking at the info, I am not seeing anything that would stand out as an issue. However, I am getting another dev to look at this. In the meantime, how many events do you have on the site in total?

Also, Is wpengine able to look at php memory limits when you go to the event page to see if you are maxing that out?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Mike Thies.
    Mike Thies
    Participant

Hi, Brendan. Can I get an ETA on problem resolution? I understand we were in the holidays – we have a launch soon this month and never anticipated 3 weeks of down time with our entire site during the troubleshooting process. All are waiting to resume work. You can call me at 1-770-883-0160 or my webmaster Laurie at 1-604-741-7950 (she is in a webinar from 10-11 am Pacific time this morning). Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro hideously slow’ is closed to new replies.