Events Calendar Pro hideously slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro hideously slow

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi Mike and Laurie,

Our apologies for the delay over the festive period — most of the team were stood down to spend some time with their families and that resulted in some additional delays here.

What I’d like to explore next-of-all is the way you are modelling your recurring events — as I suspect we could alter your approach here and reduce the net volume of events which in turn will improve performance, perhaps dramatically so.

On visiting your site and looking at month view and clicking through from there into individual day views, I noticed you have a very large volume of events with identical names. Taking January 5 as an example, I see 41 events of the same name (see screenshot in the following reply). These are all part of the same series of recurring events and two things have happened:

• It’s a recurring event (repeats every week)
    • It’s also a multiday event (each instance is almost 1 year in duration)
    • This results in a huge number of events being “stacked up” because a new one lasting a year is added with each additional week

It’s possible this is deliberate, but I suspect it is not and that what you really want to do here is change the duration of each instance to just one week, giving you an event where each instance is 1 week long and repeats every week for however long you want.

Making that adjustment will reduce the total volume of events on your site massively and will also give visitors a much clearer picture of what’s happening when they visit month view.

Does that help/make sense? Please don’t hesitate to reach out if I can clarify this further.

Barry

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Mike Thies. Reason: Added query/post meta stats from WPEngine
    Barry

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Mike Thies.
    Barry

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Mike Thies
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro hideously slow’ is closed to new replies.