Events Calendar not working in Gantry

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar not working in Gantry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    simone
    Participant

Hello, in my previous message in the forum, I asked for assistance for events calendar pro (paid version), as I’d been reassured that the plugin’d be working fine in Gantry framework. Your plugin append at the bottom of event detail, the menus of my website (CATEGORIES, POSTS, and so on): There is not a way to delete this feature, even switching to a different template does not work. So I cannot use the plugin and have to switch to a new one (Timely). I cannot wai longer, 1 month ago I started writing in the forum and until now, I have no solution from the staff. Please assist me as a pro customer. Thank you

Barry

Hi Simone, I’m not sure which thread you are referring to. I can only find three that you have participated in, and none suggest the plugin will work without problems using Gantry.

However, we definitely acknowledge that there are some significant issues with Gantry as we discussed here. To reiterate, we absolutely want to provide support for users of both our plugin and Gantry but we simply don’t have a set of easy answers at this point in time (Gantry has a fairly unique structure as compared to other themes).

Instead, our intention is to develop and release a tutorial or set of tutorials to guide users of Gantry who also want to use The Events Calendar and our intent would be to make that available when The Events Calendar 3.0 is released, or else soon thereafter.

Alternatively you could consider using any support channels provided by Gantry or indeed the services of a suitable web developer – right now, however, there regrettably isn’t much else we can offer up on this front.

simone
    Participant

Hi Barry, the Timely plugin (and some others) does not use the Twenty Eleven theme or if they do, probably they have already solved the problem of categories posts and so on at the bottom of the event details.

Barry

I’m not exactly sure what you mean and I’m worried that there is a bit of a communication barrier here.

To the best of my knowledge there is no conflict with Twenty Eleven or any other default theme. If you’ve found that there is, then please do create a thread on the Events Calendar PRO forum and we will be happy to investigate.

Alternatively, if you are highlighting that other plugins operate successfully with themes other than Twenty Twelve then, yes – and so does The Events Calendar. Integration with Gantry though is not something we can guide you on and is something of a special case … with most themes integration is pretty painless.

Last but not least, please remember that this is the pre-sales forum. If you want technical assistance you should post in the Events Calendar PRO forum.

simone
    Participant

Dear Barry, the fact it that I’ve already posted my request in every forum here. The technical problem is :
    Events Calendar Pro append at the bottom a list of blog categories, posts, meta… I don’t want to display these categories, I brought the Events Calendar Pro to display exactly what you are displaying in https://theeventscalendar.com/ as demo features.

Barry

Let’s take this one step at a time 🙂

Are you seeing this problem with any of the default themes, such as Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve?

simone
    Participant

Hello Barry, the problem is with all my templates.
    Here is the resume of the help request about the problem between Events Calendar Pro and Gantry framework in Rockettheme forum. I asked them if I can share the complete answer. Take a look at this link http://www.rockettheme.com/magazine/jan-2012/1339-creating-a-custom-page-template-in-gantry-for-wordpress

Gantry does not work the same way as traditional wordpress themes
    The loop files (page.php etc.) are located in the HTML folder of the theme directory and do not contain the header, footer.

Barry

Simone: if you’re happy to follow the guidance in that link and work things out that’s great – but at this point in time we can’t offer any further support in terms of helping you integrate with Gantry.

Our intention is to create a tutorial to guide you and other Gantry users and that tutorial should be available on or after The Events Calendar 3.0 is released. Until then I’m afraid there’s little else we can offer you.

Barry

So I’m going to close this thread now – I don’t think there’s much more we can do to help right now and we’ve covered our plans here and in other threads that you created.

To summarize though, particularly for anyone else who wishes to use Gantry with The Events Calendar:

• The two are not necessarily incompatible, it simply seems a little more setup work is required than usual due to the way Gantry is structured
    • If you need to make the two work right now and can’t figure everything out, it’s probably best to reach out and engage the services of a suitably skilled web developer
    • Or, if you can wait, we intend to prepare a tutorial to help guide users through the integration process – however that will not be available prior to the release of The Events Calendar 3.0

This advice is really only pertinent to Gantry users – most other themes snap into place with very little or no coercion whatsoever 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar not working in Gantry’ is closed to new replies.