Events Calendar and Pro Slowing Site Down

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar and Pro Slowing Site Down

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tammy
    Participant

We’ve been using your plugins now for several months and our website has really slow load pages. Up to 11 sec. P3 is showing that Event Calendar and Pro is using the most resources.

I have read some other posts about the same issues and I have the the calendar settings to those specifications.

I’m hoping you could help with further information.

Tammy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi, Patrick.

That’s definitely way too much load time.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

It’s hard to tell if this is your issue or not, but, once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please do strongly consider trying the fix for runaway recurring events (a bug introduced in version 4.2.2 and fixed within a few days via version 4.2.2.1).

You can download our Recurring Event Cleanup Tool extension plugin to fix it.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Tammy
    Participant

The Events Calendar Version 4.4.0.1
    The Events Calendar Pro Version 4.0.7
    Wordpress version 4.7.1

I did notice there are several events which are showing all the way back into Sept 2016 and I have had the Clean up recurring events after set for 1 month for several months. And I’m not seeing where to delete the old events.

Tammy
    Participant

I did find where the recurring events are found in the Tools area but that will delete all events. So, I’m not sure what to do there.

Cliff

Please send me a screenshot of the Recurring Event Cleanup Tool’s results.

Tammy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Tammy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Are you asking about the “Clean up recurring events after” setting? That’s only for recurring events, not for all events (i.e. non-recurring events).

If you’re asking about something else, please provide a link and/or screenshot and any additional information/description that may be helpful.

Thank you.

Tammy
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Tammy.
    Cliff

That setting does not go to zero, but you can set it to 1.

If it’s seemingly not taking effect, it could be because the events were created in a previous version.

If they’re really a bother, you could use Advanced Post Manager to find them and delete them manually.

Then see if after a month the newly-created events are working for you.

Sorry for the trouble. Let me know how it goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar and Pro Slowing Site Down’ is closed to new replies.