Events Aggregator Not Importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events Aggregator Not Importing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hi there!

I’ve been using your plug-Ins for a while, there was some confusion with Facebook Import vs. Events Aggregator a few months ago, but as far as I can tell, I’m 100% Aggregator today. It’s April 9th, and my Aggregator hasn’t imported any events on its own since March 24th (it’s set to import daily.) I’ve been able to do one-time imports just fine, but the auto imports don’t seem to be working anymore at all.

I’ve spent a bunch of time on the forums, and from what I can tell, there is an issue that if I’m importing from over 5 sources (which I very much am) the Aggregator can’t handle it and kind of shuts down. In my import history, I have a mix of yellow and red icons, if that tells you anything…?

Anyway, I’m just very confused from what I’ve read on the forums, and I’d like a straight answer as to what I need to do to get my Aggregator to import daily scheduled events again. It hasn’t imported at all in weeks, and it’s been unreliable essentially since I bought it in November. I love The Events Calendar very much, but the Aggregator has frankly been a disappointment in my experience. Any and all feedback/information is very much appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

All best,
    John

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello John and thank you for using our plugins!

I’m really sorry about the issues with the Event Aggregator imports and I totally understand your disappointment and frustration.

I would be happy to help you get down to the bottom of this so you can have your site working the way you want it.

To be able to give you better support could you please share your system information with me with your next reply? Here’s a nice guide on how you can do that. Thanks in advance!

Would it be possible for you to share with me the URLs where you are trying to import from?

I would also like to ask for 2 screenshots:

• The import history page
    • Event Aggregator System Status which is at the bottom of Events > Help page

Thanks!

Event Aggregator import works based on cron jobs, which eventually require people visiting your site. If there are no visits, the cron jobs don’t kick in. Just like the WordPress updates.

If you did have visitors, then there could be that the cronjobs didn’t fire because they are limited by another plugin.

There are 2 things I would like to recommend.

1. Run a test for conflicts based on this handy guide and see if that turns up something.

2. Check your scheduled imports one-by-one if they work alone or not. If they work alone, then try having 2… then 3… and see what that gives.

Looking forward to helping you with this.

Cheers,
    Andras

John
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Aggregator Not Importing’ is closed to new replies.