Eventbrite tickets version 4 5 2 – previously imported events still broken

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite tickets version 4 5 2 – previously imported events still broken

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    Participant

Hi,

This is a continuation of my previous thread on this subject:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-tickets-version-4-5-1-previously-imported-events-broken/#post-1567252

Eventbrite tickets is still screwed up.

1. Updated our website and your plugins last week and a week later we still have this message:
    “Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.”

2. Importing events from Eventbrite still doesn’t work, they just say pending or timeout – see attachment.

3. The archive events listings also look a bit messy – you must have changed some styling which has overridden some of my custom styling so I’m going to have to fix this once you sort the previous issues out.

I’m going to have to go back to your previous versions again (Tickets 4.4.9). Whatever you did to Eventbrite tickets from 4.5 has really screwed up our link to Eventbrite, it was working perfectly before. Can you re-examine your changes and go back to what it was otherwise I’m going to be stuck on old versions of your plugins or I’ll have to look at alternative solutions. Eventbrite Tickets is the main reason why we use your product.

Thank you,
    Neil.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

I’m sorry to hear you are still having issues with Eventbrite Tickets.

Let me help you troubleshoot the issue so we can find the source of the problem.

1. Updated our website and your plugins last week and a week later we still have this message:
    “Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.”

First, could you please try deleting your site’s transients and see if the message still shows up? You can use the Transients Manager plugin to do this.

2. Importing events from Eventbrite still doesn’t work, they just say pending or timeout – see attachment

Just to confirm, are you getting that same error for all your import records in the History? Are you not able to import any Eventbrite event or just some? Please share with us a screenshot of the Imports history page so we can see all your last import records.

Also, please share with us, in a private reply if you’d like, the URL from where you are trying to import events from. If is is an event from your account, please share the URL for at least one of them.

I’d recommend you roll back to Eventbrite Tickets 4.4.9 if that is what you were last using and worked for you, and then setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Neil
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Neil
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

Thank you for sending over the results of your tests. This really helps narrowing down the issues you are experiencing.

First, the Eventbrite event you shared seems to not be public in eventbrite.co.uk so the tickets iframe won’t show up by default. If you want to show the tickets for private events, you can use the following extension that will add some additional options to the Events > Settings > Imports tab, one of which is to Display Tickets for Private Events https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/. Please try it out on your test site and let us know if it works for you.

When testing a new import, ‘Import from Eventbrite.com url’ does not work with .co.uk but does with .com.

This was an issue we were able to fix in our latest release of Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.3 and The Events Calendar 4.6.23. Changing the .co.uk TLD to .com was the workaround, but it shouldn’t be a problem with our latest version.

In regards to the migration and imports problem, I think it may be something specifically related to your site’s server environment, so please try the following on your test site and see how things work:

• First, enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory in case there is an error.
    • Then, delete the transients again so you don’t see the “Currently migrating…” message.
    • Make sure you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar 4.6.23 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.3
    • After that, navigate to your WP Admin > Events > Settings > Imports tab and under the Global Import Settings section change the Import Process System to “Cron-based” and save the settings.
    • Try setting up a new import for your events or try manually running one of your scheduled imports if you have any.

Do imports work on your end using the cron-based system?

Does the event migration tool work after this?

If you find any errors being logged in the debug.log file share it with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Neil
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

Thanks for testing that out. Glad to know things are starting to work again.

What is the event migration actually doing? Is it supposed to re-link the existing events already imported to Eventbrite again.

Yes, that is exactly the purpose of the migration. But it seems it is failing silently because the debug logs don’t show any traces of an error from it.

Is your test site on a local installation? Bear in mind the migration process will only work if the site is online, so it won’t really work if you test it locally.

As a workaround, could you please try deleting one of those old Eventbrite events that need migration and then try importing it from scratch? It should import correctly and the event should be linked to Eventbrite just like the rest of your imports.

I appreciate your help and patience while we work on this together.

Best,
    Victor

Neil
    Participant

Hi Victor,

No the test site isn’t a local installation though it is protected from access with a password. Bear in mind though that our live site was doing the exactly the same thing and that isn’t password protected.

Yes your workaround does work but it will mean I’ll have to go through all 116 events we have currently posted on our live website and either re-import them, keep them (if they’re not from Eventbrite) or delete them. I was trying to avoid having to do this but I’m getting the impression there’s no other option unless you have any other ideas.

I am disappointed really. I appreciate your new import function is probably an improvement but at the same time there seems to be a compatibility issue with our website, and maybe other sites, and consequently I have to spend my own time rebuilding what was working beautifully before Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.

Let me know if you wish me to try anything else.

Kind regards,
    Neil.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

Thanks for letting us know about that.

I definitely understand your disappointment here. I will reach out to the team to have some assistance in regards to this issue.

In the meantime, could you please share with us a dump of your site’s database? We’d like to have a closer look and see if there is anything we can do to overcome the problem.

Thanks again for your patience with this.

Best,
    Victor

Neil
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Sorry our database dump has personal data all over the place so I can’t send this to you, particularly with GDPR enforced in the UK now. If there’s something specific you’d like to see then I can extract this out for you. There is 175000 lines of code – our website is pretty big!

Let me know if you get any other answers. Looking at your support forum I can see I’m not the only one struggling with this: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/event-tickets/eventbrite-tickets/

Kind regards, Neil.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

I understand your concern with your database. There is no need to share anything yet.

There is another thing we would like you to try on your test site to see if there is any difference with the migration process

First, I can see you are using PHP 5.5 which will no longer be supported by our plugins in the near future, so could you please try switching to PHP version 5.6 or above? If possible, please use PHP 7 or higher as they show a significant improvement in terms of performance.

Then, to make sure we are not dealing with any other plugin or theme conflict, please deactivate all other plugins except The Events Calendar 4.6.23 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.3

After that, please delete the transients again. Once the “Currently migrating…” message clears out, please Refresh your connection to Eventbrite by going to Events > Settings > APIs tab.

Finally, try running the migration process and see how it goes this time.

Thanks,
    Victor

Neil
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Our website is managed by a third party so I don’t have any control over the PHP version we’re using. It has been discussed recently with them but it’s not going to happen in the immediate future so I can’t test this I’m afraid.

I have disabled all the other plugins and followed your instructions but it made no difference. You can therefore rule plugin conflict out.

Kind regards,
    Neil.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

Thanks for running those tests to confirm there is no plugin conflict.

I understand about the PHP version. Thanks for letting us know about it.

It looks like your server environment does not work well with the migration process, just like your imports were not working before using the Asynchronous system.

I have created a report for this so one of our developers can have a look and see what we can do on our end to help overcome that problem.

I will leave this thread open and link it to the report. This way, we can follow up with you once we have an update.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-11-november-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Regards,
    Sky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite tickets version 4 5 2 – previously imported events still broken’ is closed to new replies.