Eventbrite ticket wont sync with eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite ticket wont sync with eventbrite

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Esty
    Participant

While creating ticket I’m getting this error:

We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here's what happened:

Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

But there is no address field in the eventbrite ticket creation area. Isn’t it suppose to take the address i already entered at the event area?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey @Esty,

I’m sorry to hear about this—we have a known major bug with Eventbrite that hinders our plugin’s ability to connect with Eventbrite.com’s API, but the “Venue”-related message you describe here isn’t normally what folks are reporting. So there could be another issue at play here.

To help investigate this, can you share your System Information with us? Here’s how → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Next, you ask this:

Isn’t it suppose to take the address i already entered at the event area?

The address of the venue is, indeed, supposed to be used without issue. If possible, can you link to the event on your site? I will check it out on the front-end just to see if anything problematic stands out.

Thank you!
    George

Esty
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you for this information! I noticed that you’re using WooCommerce Tickets, version 3.12, which is a very outdated plugin. WooCommerce Tickets has long been replaced by a new pair of plugins that work together to provide ticketing functionality: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus.

I actually don’t see a license for WooCommerce Tickets in your account, so am not sure where that came from, but if you log into the account that has the WooCommerce Tickets license, there will automatically be an Event Tickets Plus there too, free of charge. You can use this to replace WooCommerce Tickets on your site with the pair of plugins Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus. Check out this article to learn more about this process → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/

I recommend this change because the old code from WooCommerce Tickets on your site could be playing a role somewhere here…it’s worth ruling out, at least!

Cheers,
    George

Esty
    Participant

Hi George,

So, this woocommerce plugin is deactivated since its not being used anymore. So, I doubt it can affect the eventbrite plugin…
    Anyway, its not on my account since I’m not the one who purchased it, I inherited it… Just recently started to manage this account.

Hope you would be able to help me solve this issue so i can actually use the eventbrite plugin.

Thanks!

Esty
    Participant

So I deleted the woocoomerce ticket plugin. I’m still having synchronization problems.
    Now I get this error:

We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here's what happened:

This Event Requires a Organizer to sync to Eventbrite

Needless to say that i did entered Organizer at the event area…

Thank you!!

George
    Participant

Hey @Esty,

Thanks for your patience here with my delayed reply! I was tending to a health issue today and last night. Sorry for the delay.

I’m glad to hear that WooCommerce Tickets is deactivated; I definitely did not mean to imply that it was causing the issue, but just seeing that out-of-date code there, I had to point it out. Even when not causing an issue, out-of-date code can still sometimes be a factor in odd behavior.

Speaking of odd behavior, I’m surprised that the notice no longer reports venue issues, but instead reports Organizer issues.

I hate to request another plugin deactivation test, but I cannot reproduce your behavior on my own site, so to move forward with this issue, I would recommend deactivating WPML and any WPML add-ons.

Our plugins do not fully support WPML, so there could be some sort of issue/conflict with that affecting the retrieval of Organizer information.

While exploring the WPML deactivation, I would actually recommend proceeding with the complete set of steps outlined here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

After EACH STEP in that event, try syncing the same with Eventbrite and see if anything improves.

Thank you for your patience here!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite ticket wont sync with eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.