Eventbrite Plugin Not Working As Expected

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Plugin Not Working As Expected

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    e.club
    Participant

I just purchased the Eventbrite plugin and followed the instructions in the primer to set it up. However, when I create an event in WordPress and check “Register this event with Eventbrite.com?” and fill out the subsequent form, it doesn’t do anything. It reverts to “no” and nothing happens on Eventbrite.com.

Since that wasn’t working, I thought I’d try to do it the other way—starting on Eventbrite and importing into WordPress. I was able to create an event on Eventbrite and import it into WordPress, but no ticket information appears on the published event. There is no way for users to buy tickets or get to Eventbrite from my site.

How can I get this plugin working?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by e.club.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Hunter.
    Hunter

Hi and sorry to hear about the troubles,

First off… thanks for choosing us for your event needs! Can you please send over in list format the steps you did to import an event from Eventbrite to your WordPress site? Can you also please include your System Information as a private reply?

I look forward to getting this resolved with you and have a great week!

e.club
    Participant

I went to Eventbrite.com and created an event there. I made the event private (because I am just testing the connection on a development site right now) and made two tickets: one free, one for $20.

Then I went back to WordPress > Events > Import > Eventbrite. I chose the event from the “Select an existing event” drop down and clicked “go”. WordPress managed to import the event, but the tickets do not appear on the event page.

e.club
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello and thanks for the information.

I apologize for not asking the first time around, but does the issue still occur after following our Testing for conflicts guide? Also, try it with the event being public on Eventbrite with only the default WP theme and our plugins active.

Thanks again and have a good rest of your day.

e.club
    Participant

Hunter, thanks for your help. I deactivated everything, made the Eventbrite event public, re-imported it to WordPress, and it appears to be working. To test it out, I made the event private again and the tickets disappeared from the WordPress front end. Is there any way to get the plugin to work with private Eventbrite events?

Hunter

Hello and thanks for the update.

At this time, Eventbrite’s API doesn’t allow us to access private events, so the answer to your question is unfortunately no.

If you don’t mind, go ahead and mark this thread as “Resolved” and I’ll close this thread out as it appears to be addressed. Should anything new come up, please feel free to open a new thread. Have a great upcoming weekend!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Plugin Not Working As Expected’ is closed to new replies.