Eventbrite plug in fatal errors

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite plug in fatal errors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Amilkar
    Participant

For the past week I began getting fatal errors on my browser as well as potential clients’ browsers.

Barry

Hi Amilkar, can you tell me what the exact error is? If your server is utilizing PHP 5.4 or newer it’s quite possible that this is an easily fixable issue we’re already aware of – but if you could provide some further detail first of all in case it’s a different issue that would be great.

Barry

(As an aside, I’m going to move this topic across to the Eventbrite forum.)

Amilkar
    Participant

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘TribeEventsPostException’ with message ‘An error occurred while contacting Eventbrite. Please review your information and try again.Error: Failure when receiving data from the peer’ in /home/content/09/9137909/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/eventbrite-api.class.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/09/9137909/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php(1377): EventbriteAPI->sendEventbriteRequest(‘event_get’, ‘id=5207269082’, false, ”) #1 /home/content/09/9137909/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php(1553): Event_Tickets_PRO->sendEventBriteRequest(‘event_get’, ‘id=5207269082’, 519) #2 /home/content/09/9137909/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php(1619): Event_Tickets_PRO->isLive(519) #3 [internal function]: Event_Tickets_PRO->displayEventBriteTicketForm(false) #4 /home/content/09/9137909/html/wp-includes/p in/home/content/09/9137909/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/eventbrite-api.class.php on line 44

Amilkar
    Participant

I am losing money here with this. Who knows how many potential clients have tried to access the tickets. Luckily some people know of our reputation and are calling our offices, but all the others I am losing.
    This could cost me thousands in potential revenue

Barry

And can you confirm that you have correctly entered your Eventbrite API key on your user profile page (please double check it is accurate)?

Amilkar
    Participant

Yes I copied and pasted it again. The API key has been the same since day 1.

Amilkar
    Participant

I just had a cancellation because the student couldn’t register online.

Barry

OK – to preserve your income you could always create the events directly on Eventbrite as an interim measure, not ideal but it would prevent disruption to your business.

Can you provide some details about your hosting environment? Who is the web host, what operating system is in use, what version of PHP (if you know how, please run the phpinfo() command and take a screenshot of the output to share with us). Thanks!

Amilkar
    Participant

They are posted in Eventbrite, but when you have hundreds of hours into setting it up to go through your website and everything is directed to it, when it fails, there isn’t much I can do.

GoDaddy
    Linux I believe

Barry

And can you detail the steps you are going through when this occurs?

Amilkar
    Participant

Just go to the website. Click on the class calendar and look at any of the events. They all say the same thing. http://www.blackjacketsecurity.com

Barry

Ah ok, sorry Amilkar I initially thought you meant that you were seeing this error in the admin environment rather than the front end. Bear with me while I run some tests locally.

Amilkar
    Participant
    Amilkar
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite plug in fatal errors’ is closed to new replies.