Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

reposting the below here per instruction by email…..hoping for a quick response.

————————————————————————-
    Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:47 AM
    To: Jonathan Haswell
    Subject: Re: Eventbrite Forum Thread
    Hi Jonathan,

Please post the below to the forum thread you have going with Kelly. We are not able to provide support via email- it’s all through the forums.

Here’s your thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-not-importing-event-date-and-ignoring-original-formatting/.

Best,
    Leah

Leah Koerper
    Modern Tribe Support Maven
    [email protected]
    How’d I do?
    We value the feedback and appreciate your support.

Date: November 10, 2013 9:05:29 AM PST
    To: Modern Tribe Support
    Subject: Re: Re: Eventbrite Forum Thread
    Hey Leah,

Just wanted to check in on the below, I didn’t hear back from as yet and had hoped to start inputting these events today if the gist did indeed work when you checked it.
    Thanks

Jonathan

Date: November 8, 2013 12:36:45 PM PST
    To: Modern Tribe Support
    Hi Leah

So I had a developer upload the gist and I’m not seeing any change which is obviously frustrating.

Can you please:

– Go in to the site and check they have configured the gist correctly, IF NOT PLEASE SIMPLY EDIT DIRECTLY
    – If that doesn’t provide a solution please advise what the next path of resolution is

Cheers

Jonathan

Date: November 7, 2013 2:44:44 PM PST
    To: Jonathan Haswell
    Hi Jonathan,

Very cool! I’m glad our plugins are proving so useful for you. I talked to Kelly and she said the gist goes in your functions.php file. You’ll also want to read over this page before you get started. If you have any further questions, please post in the thread and Kelly will assist you there.

Cheers,
    Leah

Leah Koerper
    Modern Tribe Support Maven
    [email protected]

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. I’m having trouble logging into your sFTP server. Would you please send the credentials in a private reply and also confirm that you have backed up your site?

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Actually, I just got in. Please confirm you have backed up the site, and I’ll add the gist.

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Hi Kelly, the site backs up in real time with vaultpress so you can go nuts without any concerns.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan.

I decided since I had the time now, I would update your Eventbrite plugin to 3.2.1 (You’ll want to delete the deactivated 3.2 version.) and add the code to your theme’s functions.php (There’s a backup of the old one labeled with today’s date in your theme’s folder.). I tested it with the event on 12/12 and everything came through just fine. Please see for yourself.

I notice that you’re not running a child theme. This means that you must preserve the code added to your functions.php before updating your theme. If you do not, this change will be lost and you will need to recreate it yourself. It might be worth investigating using Child Themes to avoid this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes#Using_functions.php

Please confirm that you can see the fix, and it works for you. 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Woohoo now that’s exciting progress, its actually retaining the date details!

However, google maps is still not rendering (despite rendering fine in eventbrite), can you take a look at that and then i think i’m good to go.

Child themes – i’m not 100% following this, what will cause the loss, a theme update or something else?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. It sounds like you’re getting very close! 🙂

Child Themes are to prevent customizations added to a theme’s functions.php from being lost on theme update (among other things). Another option is to put changes in a plugin. Your site developer would be the one to make that decision. It’s also a good idea to add comments so that you know what you were doing when you come back to the new/modified code months later. 🙂

I’ve put a snippet for resolving the Map issue in your theme’s functions.php as well. It should be the ticket. (Here’s the code, in case it’s useful: https://gist.github.com/jazbek/7440874) If it still isn’t working, then I encourage you to go to you theme developer or try deactivating all plugins and activating them one at a time until you find the culprit.

Best of luck to you as you get the final touches on your site!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting’ is closed to new replies.