Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Hi

I am encountering a few issues with your events calendar pro and eventbrite plugins on my website http://simracewaydrivingschool.com/ and the calendar is viewable here: http://simracewaydrivingschool.com/events/
    , namely:
    – Date is not importing when using “import:eventbrite” feature, all other date is. However note that strangely, time is importing.
    – Google maps is not correctly rendering
    – Formatting – Copy is rendering as a single block of text and dropping the formatting used in eventbrite and the images are not inheriting their alignment.

By way of example here is one event on eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8221379367

And the same event on events calendar pro having been imported via the eventbrite plugin: http://simracewaydrivingschool.com/event/audi-r8-intermediate/

Separately could I ask when the filters bar will be released ( I was a beta tester)?

I’m happy o give you admin access if that will make trouble shooting easier, just let me know.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. Thanks for asking about the Eventbrite Import feature. I also appreciate you giving me the examples of the event pages on your site and Eventbrite. That’s super helpful. 🙂

I took a look at the HTML for both the Eventbrite and TEC description. It sure looks to me like the code is identical. I’m guessing what you’re seeing is that WordPress is displaying it differently because of the width available. We’ve got a bunch of changes in the works to play better with the recently updated Eventbrite API. I would encourage you to wait for the next maintenance release and see if that resolves your issue before troubleshooting too much more in depth.

As far as the date goes, that is an odd one. Is there a pattern to what date is used?

With Google Maps, sometimes, we’ve found there’s an issue where the Eventbrite API doesn’t pass the address correctly. Could that be part of it? Is there a page I could view the incorrect map?

Regarding the Filters Bar, it is definitely in the works and we’re getting close. I’m sorry, but I can’t give you anything more specific than that. It should be soon, though! 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Hey Kelly, thanks for the quick response!

Update – OK that makes sense and i’m happy to wait, ish. I kind of need to get the site live so is that a few days or a few weeks? If weeks, i’l need to go in a do a manual edit for events, which is a 70+ so that will be a pain indeed!

Dates – nope if consistently doesn’t capture the date but does capture
    the time.

Map, yes here – https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8221379367

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. Thanks for the reply.

I’ve taken some time to test out importing that event to two different instances of TEC with Eventbrite Tickets activated. Both times, I was unable to replicate the issue you refer to about the date not being pulled in. I’m wondering if something else might be at play here. Would it be possible for you to respond in a private reply with your system information (from the Help tab in the Eventbrite Settings page)?

The map on the Eventbrite side is, unfortunately, not something we have any control over. I suggest that you get in touch with their support if you’d like to pursue it further. I will say that I have heard of other users complaining about the Google map on the Eventbrite event pages misrepresenting the event’s location, so you’re not alone!

As far as our forthcoming update to the plugin goes, it will be launched as part of our monthly maintenance release cycle, which generally occurs the first full week of the month. Hope that helps! 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, Jonathan. I’ll dig through this and see if I can come up with something.

As far as the map goes, I’m sorry but I don’t see what you’re getting at. How is it different that what you expect to see?

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Hi Kelly,
    Thanks for that look forward to your findings!

On the maps issue:
    Here is thh same event listed on eventbrite and via the plugin on my site:

https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8221379367
    http://simracewaydrivingschool.com/event/audi-r8-intermediate/

on the original eventbrite listing, there is a google map showing however on the listing generated by the plugin, there is not i.e. for some reason its not pulling it in when it creates the listing. Hope that clarifies

Kelly
    Participant

You know, Jonathan, the more I look into the date issue, the more it looks like an old bug that we’ve had reported before, but never been able to work with a user to troubleshoot deeply enough to bring to a resolution.

As far as I can tell, the issue is not that the date imported is wrong, it’s that your calendar is showing that the event has passed when it hasn’t.

I’d like to bring this to our devs’ attention and ask if there’s any further info they’ll need from you to troubleshoot. Then, I can get back to you about how to proceed.

One more question, are you running this as part of a multisite installation?

Kelly
    Participant

Oh, for the map, you’ll just need to tick the box in the Event editing screen to have the map displayed. Sorry I missed that!

Kelly
    Participant

One more thing, Jonathan. I want to be sure that this isn’t something that’s resulting from a conflict with your theme. Would you mind changing your site to default Twenty Twelve and letting me know if that changes your events from being displayed as though they have already passed?

Thanks!

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Date issue – ok thanks and now i’m not running multisite.

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

maps – tried that and it still doesn’t render i think its also dropping this selection at each update much like the dates as i did previously select this.

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

so actually i don’t have that theme installed – my hosting provider removes it for security purposes. However, i can give you admin creds os you can do directly….you devs may also want these? LMK.

Kelly
    Participant

Honestly, that sounds like it’s the most expedient solution at this point. You can reply with a private message and I’ll take them down as soon as I receive them to make sure they’re secure. Please include your Eventbrite API key so that we can test the import/display.

Also, please confirm that it’s OK if we make tweaks and apply them! 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting’ is closed to new replies.