Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. Thanks for the new creds. We definitely understand your time pressure and will do our best to work with you on this. 🙂

In the past, when I created an event, it was automatically showed up as in the past. Now, when I look at future events, they don’t have that pale blue banner, nor are their dates greyed out in the month grid. Here’s an example: http://simracewaydrivingschool.com/event/performance-driving-1-you-in-your-own-car-on-sonoma-raceway/

Is it possible that in developing your site you have resolved whatever conflict was causing the behavior? If not, please send us a link to an event which is exhibiting the undesirable behavior.

Thanks! 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

i don’t think so as when i try to import an event from eventbrite its triggering these issues – did you try importing a new event directly to experience this.

We have done some separate CSS work to improve the formatting and solve those bugs but that’s a separate (now resolved) issue.

Kelly
    Participant

You’re absolutely right, Jonathan. My apologies.

I have been able to reproduce this on your site. Let me see if I can get some ideas from our developer about the dates, as the dates do come through on other sites that I have been testing on.

I’ll be in touch! 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

no problem, looking forward to the fix…..and the fabulous new things coming out – just got your guys email. Looks like we might be able to migrate away from eventbrite entirely at some future point with all the work around events that you’re doing…….although that said beyond functionality they do have a potent SEO / discovery effect but definitely open to it, would save me $20k a year in fees if i could!

Kelly
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. Did the gist not work? Please let us know!

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. In our test environment with your theme, the gist resolved the issues. Did you see that I posted something for you to try here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-not-importing-event-date-and-ignoring-original-formatting/page/2/#post-73864 (The comment you replied with leaves me wondering whether you did.)

Also, have you had a chance to talk to your theme developer? What did they have to say?

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

No problem, Jonathan. The link returns to the post in this thread where I linked to the code you need to put in your theme’s functions.php. We’d feel much more comfortable with you putting it in there. Based on our tests, we’re confident that it will resolve your issue.

Thanks!

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Hi Kelly

i’m not able to view your answer above (and strangely didn’t receive an email notification on it) and we’re getting killed with these delays now!

Could you please re post and email me the contents or alternatively just skype me directly so we can get this run to ground……we’re now officially in pain on this now.

skype – jonathan.haswell

thanks

Jonathan

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. We’re really doing our best. I apologize that the forum is defeating our attempts.

You should have an email waiting for you with the info you couldn’t see. Please confirm that you receive it and let us know how the fix works for you! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite not importing event date and ignoring original formatting’ is closed to new replies.