Eventbrite is connected, but plugin does not work

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite is connected, but plugin does not work

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Julia
    Participant

As you can see from the screenshots – I have connected Events Calendar to Eventbrite, however, I can not get it to work with importing on my WordPress site. It keeps asking me to reconnect and I go round in circles.

I will just put them in manually if I can not resolve this, but how do I get a full refund?

I do not have many plugins on the site and the ones that are there are more important than Eventbrite. If there is a conflict then I would just like a refund, please.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Julia!

I’m sorry to hear you are also being impacted by this issue.

I can confirm there was an issue with the Eventbrite API connection.

It seems to have related to a limit in Eventbrite.com for the number of API calls being made per day, which was already increased by them and it’s already working for some users.

Additionally, we’ve just made some fixes and improvements in our Event Aggregator server that should improve the functionality.

Please try it out and let us know if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Victor

Julia
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your quick response, however I do not understand your reply.

1. I integrate with eventbrite.co.uk (I am not sure if that makes a difference?)
    2. If you have just made some fixes and improvements (in the last few hours) then should there be an update to the plugin?
    3. I just tried it again and it has still not worked.
    4. I have spent the afternoon adding all of my events in manually.

Please can you confirm how I get a refund?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Julia,

I’m really sorry for the confusion and the struggle you have to go through with this. I can imagine how frustrating that is.

Let me clarify things:

I integrate with eventbrite.co.uk (I am not sure if that makes a difference?)

I didn’t notice you were using eventbrite.co.uk. When using a different locale, you will need to install the following extension > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/ Once installed and activated, a new set of options will be available.

You’ll have to navigate to your WP Admin > Events > Settings > Imports tab, then choose  United Kingdom (en_GB) for Eventbrite Locale and click “Save Changes”.

Once that’s done, you should be able to connect to your .co.uk account as usual.

If you have just made some fixes and improvements (in the last few hours) then should there be an update to the plugin?

Not in this specific case. The changes made were actually on our Event Aggregator server, which enables your connection and event imports to/from your Eventbrite account; on the other side, Eventbrite has also increased the number of API calls made by our plugin to their API, which should solve the connection not working.

To ask for a refund, you can fill in the form in the following page > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

Is there anything else I can help you with? Let me know.

Best,
    Victor

Julia
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response.

I have downloaded the app, have activated the new extension and selected UK in locale. I then synchronised by Eventbrite account and I still get the same results as before.

I think I will simply request a refund as I just have not got the time to sort out the issues and I have added the events in manually now.

Julia Doherty
    Green Umbrella Marketing Ltd.
    Tel: 01604 726758
    Mobile: 07855 522027
    Fax: Just kidding!!
    Pop in for a cuppa – the kettle’s always on: 13 Eastern Way, Daventry, Northants. NN11 0QB

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal, professional or other privilege.
    If you are not the intended recipient you should not store it, copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system. The views expressed are those of the sender and not necessarily those of Green Umbrella. Please note that whilst we scan all e-mails for viruses we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free. Please be advised that we expressly reserve the right to monitor email content for the purposes of ensuring compliance with legal requirements and company policies and your sending to, or receiving from, us of any email constitutes your agreement to these terms.

Green Umbrella Marketing Ltd. Unit 13, iCon Innovation Centre, Eastern Way, Daventry. NN11 0QB. Registered in the England & Wales No. 09516003

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Julia!

Thanks for trying that out and for letting us know about it.

I’ve just tried on my end and I’m getting the same result as you are. It seems there could be something going on with the Eventbrite API.

I will reach out to the team so they can look into this and we’ll let you know as soon as we have an update.

We’d be sad to see you go, but I understand if you had to ask for a refund. Do let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Our apologies for all the inconveniences.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Julia!

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve just released a fix on our Event Aggregator server to address the Eventbrite Imports issue.

There is no need to update anything on your end, but do make sure you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar 4.6.19 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.1

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if they work on your end.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite is connected, but plugin does not work’ is closed to new replies.