EventBrite iframe

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO EventBrite iframe

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Davis
    Participant

I added the function described on https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-height-of-the-eventbrite-tickets-iframe/, to increase the height, and it worked. But now, even with the function commented out, the iframe appears twice! Arg. You can see it here with the function added: https://garfieldconservatory.org/staging/event/urban-agroecology-class-series/2017-02-22/

And here with it completely removed – same issue:

Urban Agroecology: Ecosystem-based Food Production for Cities Class Series

Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks, Becky

Cliff

Thanks for your detailed question, Becky.

There isn’t anything about that KB’s code snippet that should make the Eventbrite iframe appear more than once.

I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Rebecca Davis
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Sigh, OK, doing all this will take some time and I’m gone next week. SO,
    please leave the ticket open, I’ll be back in mid-Feb and get to this as
    soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Becky

Rebecca Davis
    Participant

Cliff:

I did do a quick look at the console and it does look like the tribe-events.js file is throwing some errors…

Cliff

Please specify which browser you’re using and which link(s) you saw the console error(s) at and the gist of the error message. Then I’ll look if I can see it too.

Thanks.

Rebecca Davis
    Participant

This was from Chrome inspector.

Cliff

Becky, did you mean to share a screenshot and/or a link?

I cannot assist further without one or both of those things.

Rebecca Davis
    Participant

OK, I found the problem, but of course it leaves me with another. I had 2 eventbrite functions, the one to increase the size AND move_eb_ticket_form (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-the-eventbrite-tickets-box/) to move the iframe above the details. So, with both functions enabled, I get the duplicate iframe, one below and one above the details metabox. This is the conflict, nothing in the theme or other plugins.

Is there a way to make both of these work together? Please let me know, thanks

Cliff

Becky, please provide the full customization you have in place (both snippets). I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

Rebecca Davis
    Participant

Here you go, right now the 2nd one is commented out.

/**
    * events calendar
    */

function tribe_change_eb_iframe_height( $html, $event_id, $post_id ) {

if (false === strpos($html, ‘eventbrite-ticket-embed’)) return $html;

$new_height = 350;

return str_replace(‘style=”height:200px;’, ‘style=”height:’ . $new_height . ‘px;’, $html);
    }

add_filter( ‘tribe_events_eb_iframe_html’, ‘tribe_change_eb_iframe_height’, 10, 3);

//move the EventBrite tickets up to below event
    //add_action( ‘init’, ‘move_eb_ticket_form’ );

//function move_eb_ticket_form() {
    // $display_tickets = array( Tribe__Events__Tickets__Eventbrite__Main::instance(), ‘print_ticket_form’ );
    // remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, $display_tickets, 9 );
    // add_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_meta’, $display_tickets );
    //}

Cliff

Thanks.

1)

I tested this one, which is from https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-height-of-the-eventbrite-tickets-iframe/, and it worked as expected.

2)

The section you had commented out is from an old version of the snippet now available at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-the-eventbrite-tickets-box/, which was recently updated.

I tested the version there now and it worked in combination with the first snippet.

Please try this and let me know how it goes for you.

Thank you.

Rebecca Davis
    Participant

Yes, that did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Excellent. Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘EventBrite iframe’ is closed to new replies.