Event view based on user permissions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event view based on user permissions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sara Earl

Is it possible to, on the same page, display events differently based on the permissions of the user? For instance, can I have display view for premium users with a higher level of permissions and a text-only “white-pages” view further down on the same page for basic users?

I’m also concerned about the search function as I have international users. Is it possible to have a pop-up country list and then search by zip code in the US?

Cliff

Hi, Sara. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Our plugin creates one master calendar, but you can create the appearance of multiple calendars by using Event Categories.

Examples:

There are additional methods and documentation at our Can You Have Multiple Calendars? KB article.

You might also be interested in https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/13391079-woocommerce-memberships-integration

Note that this functionality is available in the free/core version of The Events Calendar. You would only need to buy one of our add-ons if you wanted those extra features (e.g. Map View from Events Calendar PRO).

Last but not least, we have Bundles and a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Sara Earl

Thank you Cliff. Can I have two different views of the same calendar on the same page? I am trying to have a “premium” event view and a “basic” (text only) event view on the same page (for members who pay less). I was hoping I could tie the view to the WordPress user role, is this possible?

Cliff

Multiple widgets or shortcodes could be on a single page, but you cannot use multiple tribe_events shortcodes on a single page, per https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/#limitations

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event view based on user permissions’ is closed to new replies.