Event Times Off By One Hour After DST

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Times Off By One Hour After DST

• This topic has 20 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Greg.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

Our recurring events that we’ve got set-up are all off by an hour starting March 11, DST.

So if you look at any event before March 11 they are correct, like March 7 Bridge Course, it should be 6:30–8 PM, but on March 14 it is now showing 5:30–7 PM. That is just one example, they are all like that.

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing this known bug.

Its fix is scheduled to be released soon. Please note, however, that once the fix is released, you’ll need to re-save events to re-generate the recurrences.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands at this time.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Greg
    Participant

Anything else known on the timeline of this fix? It is going to be hard to go too far into this month with many of our events showing the wrong time. I hope this is a top priority for the team there.

Greg
    Participant

Hey guys, day light savings time hits here this weekend and still no resolution or reply to my ticket from a week ago. Could I please get an update?

Greg
    Participant

How is this not even on your list of known issues? https://theeventscalendar.com/known-issues/

So not only have I not been kept up to date, it seems that you are not actively working on this. I’ve paid you guys a lot of money with my subscriptions…I’m strongly starting to look elsewhere. I’m not getting support, nor am I getting what I’ve paid for. You guys can do better.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Gregory,

Sorry to keep you waiting with an answer. Cliff is unexpectedly out this week.

Not all issues make it on the known issues page, but you are right, probably this one should be there. I’ll check with the person managing that.

I checked the status of the bugticket. It is currently being worked on by a developer and hopefully we will be able to get out a fix soon. There’s a high chance it will not be out before the weekend unfortunately. I’m sorry about that.

If all goes according to plan (the fix is developed and goes through testing successfully), then the fix will go out by the end of March.

I understand that end of March is a bit late. I will try to push this as much as I can and maybe get it out earlier.

Thanks for your continued patience and again apologies for the somewhat belated reply.

Cheers,
    Andras

Greg
    Participant

Please let Barry, Reid, and anyone else in management over there know that a fix coming at the end of March, for what I would deem a major issue that you’ve known about for weeks, if not months, is completely unacceptable. Seriously unacceptable.

Barry

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Barry

Hey there Gregory,

I wanted to check in here as I realize this has been a frustrating situation for you.

Do you have any follow-up questions following my last post, or about timezone-handling within The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO generally?

This and some other exchanges did prompt us to audit timezone behavior more broadly and, ignoring for the moment the presence of external factors such as Series Engine, we could not replicate any clear timezone bugs using our latest releases.

It could certainly be the case that events (and sequences of recurring events) created using older versions of our plugins exhibited problems, but we’ve hopefully resolved most issues there.

Again, do let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Times Off By One Hour After DST’ is closed to new replies.